Pro Day Talk

nicfre2011

14 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I don't understand: JSN just tab a 4.53, which isn't good or necessarily terrible and that all of a sudden solidifies him at the top? Why? That's not a good time. I'm not arguing that he won't go first round or maybe even first receiver, but how does that help him so much? He didn't run a 4.45. he ran a 4.53, which is considered on the slow side. Also, as was mentioned, it's a fast track.

Yeah it’s not good. That said, he is still very good. Just limited in terms of how he’s gonna win at the NFL level. I feel like Zay Flowers is the best, with Addison and JSN breathing up the rear. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah it’s not good. That said, he is still very good. Just limited in terms of how he’s gonna win at the NFL level. I feel like Zay Flowers is the best, with Addison and JSN breathing up the rear. 

I'd have a hard time grabbing JSN top-20. Folks are talking about him going as high as 9 to Chicago or most likely at 12 to Houston. It seems risky.

8 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I'd have a hard time grabbing JSN top-20. Folks are talking about him going as high as 9 to Chicago or most likely at 12 to Houston. It seems risky.

Problem is this draft falls off pretty fast.  Depending on how you grade things, there are maybe less than 20 true 'first round' talents this year. Taking a swing at maybe the best WR (a premium position) makes sense.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

What WR in this class isn't risky?

That's why there's no one I would grab early. This looks like a late-first or second rounder area as value. There isn't a clear elite echelon this year, even though some guys could hit.

2 hours ago, Teen Girl Squad said:

Problem is this draft falls off pretty fast.  Depending on how you grade things, there are maybe less than 20 true 'first round' talents this year. Taking a swing at maybe the best WR (a premium position) makes sense.

If he falls to 20 or so I feel a lot better about taking the risk on a guy with an "NFL starter" floor.

4 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Elite change of direction skills, elite route running, elite hands.  I have no problem with him in the 8-15 range.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Scoundrel said:

Does JSN even have the fire once he’s being paid? A lot of reports he could have played against UGA in the playoffs. How hungry is a kid like that 

What? Have you taken a look at the list of player or even just WR's who skipped their bowl game this year who had no injury at all? Cedric Tillman, Jalin Hyatt, and Josh Downs all skipped their games. Other players who will most likely be first round picks include, Myles Murphy Anthony Richardson, Will Levis, Michael Mayer, Christian Gonzalez, Joey Porter Jr., Bijan Robinson, and Tyree Wilson. These are all highly regarded players and likely picks in the top half of the first round. Do you have the same concern for them as you have for JSN? Now keep in mind JSN was injured and what you're saying is a rumor. These other guys were 100% healthy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

What? Have you taken a look at the list of player or even just WR's who skipped their bowl game this year who had no injury at all? Cedric Tillman, Jalin Hyatt, and Josh Downs all skipped their games. Other players who will most likely be first round picks include, Myles Murphy Anthony Richardson, Will Levis, Michael Mayer, Christian Gonzalez, Joey Porter Jr., Bijan Robinson, and Tyree Wilson. These are all highly regarded players and likely picks in the top half of the first round. Do you have the same concern for them as you have for JSN? Now keep in mind JSN was injured and what you're saying is a rumor. These other guys were 100% healthy.

Oh yeah because even a single one of those guys were competing for a national championship…

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Oh yeah because even a single one of those guys were competing for a national championship…

That is irrelevant. you're saying quitting on your team because they're no longer in championship contention is ok? those guys still hungry but the actually injured player is the lazy guy just looking for a payday?   

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

That is irrelevant. you're saying quitting on your team because they're no longer in championship contention is ok? those guys still hungry but the actually injured player is the lazy guy just looking for a payday?   

It is very different when you have a championship on the line versus not. If you can’t see that this isn’t worth my time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lovetitans said:

Bowl games and going for a Natty are not even remotely the same. 

• Like 2