Free Agency Rumors and Overreactions Thread: Day2 JB and a Penny

EaglesPeteC

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Man Thielen in the slot would be incredible with the rest of our guys. The day he was cut I was thinking of the possibilities with him. I do think we need to start grooming a young slot guy but Thielen is very intriguing.

Yeah it's a really fun thought. I agree with young guy part but I would like to maximize the potential of this offense. A sweet wr3 FA/draft and a sweet rb would make us unstoppable regardless of the defense. 

Maybe that would counter the brutal schedule

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Me too!

I only expect/hope CGJ news for us. Outside of that I'd be shocked if we get anything else. 

If CGJ and Bradberry both agree elsewhere then maybe there will be outside news regarding players coming here

Yeah it won't have that usual super exciting feel to it but I'll still be super into it. Like getting news that Hargrave, JB, CGJ, Edwards are coming back would be exciting enough for me. And as always, you just really never know what Howie has up his sleeve.

Edited by EagleBlueDon

15 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

My top 3 realistic FA wants

1. Resign CJGJ

2. Saints DT David Onyemata 

3. Vikings RB Alexander Mattison 

Probably won't happen but if they do spend up on one outside the building Free Agent, I'd say Cards CB Byron Murphy. 

Murphy or Zach Allen would be exciting for sure if they can't get Hargrave which they won't, maybe Allen could come in at a more manageable price.

the fact that Lane hasn't been restructured, we don't know if Kelce is back, the issues with Slay's contract and Jalen isn't done, leads me to really believe that this first week is going to be whisper quiet. 

Not a gloom and doom post because there will be good values and players to be had, just my thoughts reading the lack of internal news

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Yeah it won't have that usual super exciting feel to it but I'll still be super into it. Like getting news that Hargrave, JB, CGJ, Edwards are coming back would be exciting enough for me. And as always, you just really never know what Howie has up his sleeve.

I'll be excited for CGJ or Bradberry. I'd like Edwards back but won't cry if he walks. 

I love Hargrave but in no way do I want Howie to hand him that kinda contract especially letting CGJ and Bradberry walk. 

Yeah Howie's the X Factor. He could definitely pull something out of left field that'll set the Internet on 🔥

40 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

the fact that Lane hasn't been restructured, we don't know if Kelce is back, the issues with Slay's contract and Jalen isn't done, leads me to really believe that this first week is going to be whisper quiet. 

Not a gloom and doom post because there will be good values and players to be had, just my thoughts reading the lack of internal news

I believe the restructures will be done today. Probably already done just haven't leaked yet on the details

I'll be shocked if we bring in anyone this first week that wasn't on the team last year. I'm open to it tho

14 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'll be excited for CGJ or Bradberry. I'd like Edwards back but won't cry if he walks. 

I love Hargrave but in no way do I want Howie to hand him that kinda contract especially letting CGJ and Bradberry walk. 

Yeah Howie's the X Factor. He could definitely pull something out of left field that'll set the Internet on 🔥

It's a crazy year when we'll be all hyped just to bring our own guys back lol. A couple of the Cardinals intrigue me as outside guys.