Signings or Re-Signings

soflbillsfan

On 3/24/2023 at 10:53 PM, Thelonebillsfan said:

Dorsey about to be handed the easiest offense to scheme in the league and still eff it up lol.

What I wouldn't give for an offensive HC.

I don’t think an offensive HC is the be all end all. But if Dorsey fails I need McDermott to actually do a comprehensive search for the next OC. Not just promote Joe Brady or Rob Boras 

On 3/24/2023 at 1:06 PM, The BILLievers said:

Come on Beane lets get this Hopkins trade done! Couldn't imagine an offense will Allen, Diggs, Hopkins, Gabe, Knox, Damien Harris, Cook and Hines lol. 

I just dont buy it. How many times have we bitten on these type of rumors then it never happens. Beane's moves tend to be in the dark where no media members know about it until after the fact. I have a feeling this is more of an AZ leak to drum up interest on other AFC teams to make a move for him knowing that beane is tight lipped on these things. If it was old regime then I would expect the move to be done but I just cant see beane going completely a different route then his usual ways.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

I just dont buy it. How many times have we bitten on these type of rumors then it never happens. Beane's moves tend to be in the dark where no media members know about it until after the fact. I have a feeling this is more of an AZ leak to drum up interest on other AFC teams to make a move for him knowing that beane is tight lipped on these things. If it was old regime then I would expect the move to be done but I just cant see beane going completely a different route then his usual ways.

This feels like the Antonio Brown situation. Where we randomly were named as a team involved and he went to the Raiders. And it turned out that we really involved and he just didn't want to go to Buffalo. So I think him coming here is a real possibility. 

16 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What's thoughts on Taylor Rapp ?

I've been reading mixed reviews on him. Is he a scheme guy?

Our S depth was horrid last year but I was under the impression Christian Benford was gonna get S reps this TC

He’s a definite upgrade to Jaquan Johnson. He’s a very good tackler and is most effective as a box safety. I think he is a great fit as a 3rd safety behind Poyer and Hyde. Makes me think we may run more big nickel this year.

35 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What's thoughts on Taylor Rapp ?

I've been reading mixed reviews on him. Is he a scheme guy?

Our S depth was horrid last year but I was under the impression Christian Benford was gonna get S reps this TC

He is a top 15 safety and was expected to go for more, not really sure what happened to his market. As for his ability he has played in all 3 positions but most of his snaps were at the Free Safety position. Originally was said to be their back up plan if they didnt land poyer. This signing will add depth but also give him some playing time in certain schemes. It is good that he can fill in for hyde or poyer in the event they want to either scale back some of their reps or if one gets injured as both were injured last year. All in all a good signing and if things work out for him then they can keep him on for a long term deal as they will know what they have in him after 1 year. Low risk high reward

47 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

He’s a definite upgrade to Jaquan Johnson. He’s a very good tackler and is most effective as a box safety. I think he is a great fit as a 3rd safety behind Poyer and Hyde. Makes me think we may run more big nickel this year.

I was thinking that too with the big nickel. I wonder if he could see some snaps down at LB being a box safety since we lost Edmunds and play more of a hybrid role for us? Deone Buchanon did pretty well with it for a couple years.

Edited by DER10N92

55 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Big IF at this point... I dont see it happening 

I think it's worth the risk on a 1 year deal at about half of what he got last season. I do think DT is a pretty big need. We don't have any long term answers at DT on the roster currently. If there's a DT that falls I wouldn't be against drafting one at 27 or in the 2nd round.

8 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think it's worth the risk on a 1 year deal at about half of what he got last season. I do think DT is a pretty big need. We don't have any long term answers at DT on the roster currently. If there's a DT that falls I wouldn't be against drafting one at 27 or in the 2nd round.

Exactly, yet everyone on social media wants deal Ed Oliver for a mid round pick 

2 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Exactly, yet everyone on social media wants deal Ed Oliver for a mid round pick 

I think if Beane thinks he won’t be able to resign him he should look to get something for him instead of letting him walk in FA like Edmunds did. It sounds like we’re going to get a comp pick next year for Edmunds though so that lessens the blow. Maybe let Oliver walk if they can’t get a 3rd rounder or better via trade if Beane thinks he can get another 3rd round comp pick in 2025?