Free Agency Frenzy

gopherwrestler

Just now, JDBrocks said:

Puke. he's gonna announce himself on PMS

Lol he has basically said he’s sick of the media saying things that aren’t true so I wouldn’t doubt it.

i have no issue with it. Would be even funnier if it was part of his agreement with the jets if it leaks to Ian or Shefty it wouldn’t happen.

Vikings sign Bradbury for 3 years around $15 mil, so $5 mil a year seems decent, he is not worth $7 or anywhere close to $10 so at that cheap price I am ok with keeping him around.  Very cheap for a vet center but hopefully he can continue to improve and work on his ability to handle power.  Now assuming they totally focus on CB in the 1st round unless Cook is cut.  

Shaq Mason was traded with a 7th round pick for a 6th round pick!  I would not have minded getting him for that cheap amount.  Ingram was ok last year but Shaq Mason is by far better than him and if we keep Bradbury I would want that OG spot opposite him upgraded but hopefully Ingram can improve off last season.

Edited by Ozzy

Defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson intends to sign with the Browns on Wednesday, ending a two-year run with the Vikings,  with a four-year, $57 million contract per a source with knowledge of the deal.

The deal has a practical guarantee of $27.5 million. If they release him after one season, he will have earned $25 million.

The $14.25 million annual average Tomlinson makes puts him at No. 3 among nose tackles. Not bad for never making a Pro Bowl and playing less than 50 percent of the snaps in 2022. For his career, he’s under 55-percent playing time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/inside-the-dalvin-tomlinson-deal/

Edited by vike daddy

17 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Defensive tackle Dalvin Tomlinson intends to sign with the Browns on Wednesday, ending a two-year run with the Vikings,  with a four-year, $57 million contract per a source with knowledge of the deal.

The deal has a practical guarantee of $27.5 million. If they release him after one season, he will have earned $25 million.

The $14.25 million annual average Tomlinson makes puts him at No. 3 among nose tackles. Not bad for never making a Pro Bowl and playing less than 50 percent of the snaps in 2022. For his career, he’s under 55-percent playing time.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/14/inside-the-dalvin-tomlinson-deal/

Talk about stupid, Tomlinson was huge disappointing, and honestly he is not a NT.  Vikings needed a NT last year and Tonga was better at NT than Tomlinson was arguably.  Tomlinson was supposed to be a tough physical 3/4 DE or 4/3 DT and not sure he is either.  I thought he was going to be decent and showed upside on the Giants, did not really that 1st year and even 2nd year in his more natural 3/4 D he still was nothing great and in general that DL was pretty bad overall.

Ok player but no way in hell is he worth $14+ mil a year, good luck with the Browns but that was an awful signing and kind of a waste of money.  

Browns could have got Ika or Mazi Smith or Tuli Tuipuloutu in the 2nd round of the draft to fill that DT spot.  Foolish move and they could have saved a ton of money signing one of them instead.