Free Agency Frenzy

gopherwrestler

Just now, RaidersAreOne said:

So is The Duke of Shelley a legitimate starter? Our CB room is weak to say the least, especially with Ya-Sin not being re-signed (As of now).

He's a pure man, outside CB from what I have read?

He played well for us last year and was arguably our best CB at times. He's got that dawg in him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So is The Duke of Shelley a legitimate starter? Our CB room is weak to say the least, especially with Ya-Sin not being re-signed (As of now).

low down on Shelley...

He's small; like 5'8 small. But he plays bigger than his stature. He was a boundary guy for us, and I think they tried him inside at chicago and he wasn't very good there.

He's good in zone and cover 3. I am not sure how he will do in a man scheme if you ask him to stick to a receiver across the entire field.

We wanted him back because our CB room is Byron Murphy and basically 2nd year guys that barely played last year due to injuries.

But he was at times, our best cb last year in a zone scheme. 

• Like 1

Shelley was fun to watch, and he made some key plays in big moments. But I’m not overly sad that the Vikings didn’t bring him back. Nothing I watched of Shelley really led me to believe that he was going to continue that level of play over an extended period of time.

Overall I’d say this, if Shelley is expected to be one of your starting outside corners for the season, then I’d say your CB room needs some. But if he’s the team’s 3rd or even 4th outside CB that’s going to come in for an injury or to spell a guy for a series or two, you could do a lot worse. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Is he a legit starter? Hard to tell, we didn’t have much in our room but an aging Pat P. He was good for us in our Zone system tho. Now switching to man I think that’s a part of the reason he wasn’t rushed to be signed here. 

I think there’s a fair amount of people that want Rock Ya Sin on our team over Shelly 

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

So is The Duke of Shelley a legitimate starter?

Shelley?

he was the tallest midget, basically. and he's only 5'8, to continue the analogy.

so if he's adding something positive to your CB corp (not core, dammit!) then you like us have a long way to go still.

4 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Shelley?

he was the tallest midget, basically. and he's only 5'8, to continue the analogy.

so if he's adding something positive to your CB corp (not core, dammit!) then you like us have a long way to go still.

Corps. 

Yeah, I'm not all that upset about Shelley.  He was aight, but he was kinda like Charles Johnson in the 2014 Vikings WR room.  He was a guy that was made to look better than he was because the rest of the guys were so mediocre.  Over the long-term, he's going to be overmatched because of his height.  He can get by in spots, but he is not someone to be relied upon.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

At least you didn't sign Cam Dantzler (who I had high hopes for, but just never developed). He's small, but has said he's better outside than inside. 

For a terrible defense, he was one of the few bright spots.

54 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Yeah, I'm not all that upset about Shelley.  He was aight, but he was kinda like Charles Johnson in the 2014 Vikings WR room.  He was a guy that was made to look better than he was because the rest of the guys were so mediocre.  Over the long-term, he's going to be overmatched because of his height.  He can get by in spots, but he is not someone to be relied upon.

Whatever happened to Charlestron?