The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

12 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Pec injury. He just can't stay healthy...

Hopefully it's just a strain, but puts him further behind to join rotation...

I dont know why anyone ever thought he would be part of this season after everything we heard in Spring Training. He just needs to continue to rehab this year, and try again next spring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I dont know why anyone ever thought he would be part of this season after everything we heard in Spring Training. He just needs to continue to rehab this year, and try again next spring.

I think you’re right. I’d shelf him and let him keep rehabbing. Re-evaluate him in September, if he’s not 110%, let him compete in the spring.

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Media guys such as Goold and Saxton seem to think he was on a fast track to plug back into the rotation this year, despite his triple A numbers. Club was legitimately looking at plugging him in for a handful of starts aftee the break and evaluate from there before this setback. Heard them both reference this...

I agree though, at this point you back off and set him up for 2020...

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?