The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

12 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

It's not really pointless though...

Pointless? No. But it is still a completely arbitrary stretch. What changed in baseball on June 25th? Why is that the date? I can grab any 40 game stretch an make a statement about it. 

Arbitrary endpoints are not a strictly a baseball thing, but they are very prominent among fans and analysts of the sport

15 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Not getting Jay Bruce just seems like such a missed opportunity. He was traded to the indians for absolutely nothing.

I'm not too bummed, we've been really good lately with what we have. I think the not doing anything at the deadline and just bringing up the youngsters to push the vets has helped their confidence.

Just roll with what we've got at this point...

14 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Marp is a terrible nickname produced by the lazy hoosiers from the BFIB, it should never be uttered again

It's not a great one, but it's better than Carp.

To each his own I guess, definitely wouldn't label myself as a lazy 'hoosier' though. If anything the lazy aspect applies to simply just shortening his last name to Carp...

20 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

It's not a great one, but it's better than Carp.

To each his own I guess, definitely wouldn't label myself as a lazy 'hoosier' though. If anything the lazy aspect applies to simply just shortening his last name to Carp...

I've never cared for Carp or Marp.  To me, Carp is Chris Carpenter.  And Marp just sounds dumb.  I'm fine with just calling him Carpenter and not forcing a nickname on him.