The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

13 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Carlson will 100% be part of the deal. It's whether we have to give up Walker or not now.

I think the deal is going to be centered around Carlson, Gorman and possibly Hence

Not my boy Tink! 

Hoping the deal centers around a Gorman/Liberatore/Winn package. 

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Looks like Montas to the Bronx Bombers

Never thought we were in on him for that price once there were shoulder concerns

53 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I want Thor and Soto. 

I think we probably prefer Rodon, Lefty and is currently playing better. But I do think Thor is a backup plan. 

Also bet theres a few other starters were in on as last gasp options to give us some innings

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 3:15 PM, StLunatic88 said:

That’s what I was trying to say when I was pointing out, if Walker was ready any time next year, we are too jammed up on the Major League roster.

Gotta make some decisions, a Soto deal would make that a lot easier 

Between DH, cOF, and 1B/3B (for day offs with Arenado and Goldy) there's enough ABs to go around.  Walker probably gets the promotion sometime late this year, starts the year in Memphis next year and depending on how he performs probably gets a call up sometime next year after he clears Super 2 status.

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don’t understand how the Dodgers keep the amount of minor league assets to continue making plays for every star every year. 

You've got arguably the best talent evaluator in the game (Andrew Friedman) with ownership that effectively prints money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I really hope we get Soto. I’d hate to lose Carlson, because I think he’s such an advanced player at such a young age, but Soto is in a different stratosphere. Soto is basically the combination of Carlson and Gorman’s assets. Big power, but with advanced hitting. Soto- Goldy- Nado is disgusting. Not having a CF is probably less than ideal, though. 

At the end of the day, I look at this trade is how much of an upgrade is Dylan Carlson to Juan Soto.  That's why I'm not interested in adding Jordan Walker, and I'd probably not be interested in adding Masyn Winn either.  Call it prospect hugging, but those guys are on the doorstep of the big leagues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I think the deal is going to be centered around Carlson, Gorman and possibly Hence

Feels like Graceffo is probably more of what the Nationals are wanting.  Don't get me wrong, Tink Hence is probably the better prospect, but Graceffo probably is a September call up.

7 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If we can get Soto and a starter without losing Walker, I’m going to buy Mo a…well nothing because he’s super rich, but I’ll be pretty happy. 

Carlos Rodon interests me, but I'm honestly not sure what he's worth.  He's almost certainly going to opt out of his deal.

40 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Between DH, cOF, and 1B/3B (for day offs with Arenado and Goldy) there's enough ABs to go around.

Arenado

Goldschmidt

Edman

Gorman

O’Neill

Bader

Carlson

Walker

Yepez

DeJong

Donavan

Thats 11 guys who you think we can squeeze regular at bats into 9 spots? Feels like someone is getting left out. And that’s not even talking about our actual backups and some other prospects making some noise.