The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

15 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I think we're forgetting that some of this is limiting innings for some of these young guys and finding them breaks as we can. Gotta remember Thompson was groomed as a SP in his minor league career and his body is still adjusting to coming out of the BP every other night vs. being on a 5 day schedule. 

He's going to be up/down a lot. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im not expecting us to get him, but at the very least, hearing that we've checked in on Soto is a bit encouraging to me. 

Tells me we arent just comfortable running Nolan & Goldy for the next 5 years with whatever else the farm system gives us

Where did you see the Soto news? Not doubting you just wondering. 

4 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Where did you see the Soto news? Not doubting you just wondering. 

It was then expounded upon by some local radio that they were checking in on Soto.

Again, not much to it at this point. Probably only comes out because we wouldn’t come close to the asking price. But it’s a good signifier to me, that we are atleast aware of the problem and looking into what can be had 

I also assume as long as we believe Nolan is sticking around St Louis, that we won’t be adding another top contract to the books. Nat’s are likely looking for a haul, we probably checked in for what his rental price would be

Edited by StLunatic88

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I’m also worried that Albert is going to go on a little streak here, maybe even show well in the Derby, and we’re going to convince ourselves that he’s found something and rely on him as the DH the rest of the way

He really hasn't looked bad lately. I'd be willing to give him a chance until he shows otherwise. Maybe he gets the start against all lefties and 40-50% of righties. I think Yepez still has some growing to do. 

I think that I have seen half of Gorman's homeruns in person.  Got to see a Pujols HR as well.  I wasn't a fan of constant pitching changes, but it worked.  Gallegos only pitched for 18 minutes tonight.  To be fair to Gallegos, a lot of his pitches looked like strikes from where I was sitting, but he was not getting the calls.  

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I think that I have seen half of Gorman's homeruns in person.  Got to see a Pujols HR as well.  I wasn't a fan of constant pitching changes, but it worked.  Gallegos only pitched for 18 minutes tonight.  To be fair to Gallegos, a lot of his pitches looked like strikes from where I was sitting, but he was not getting the calls.  

From TV, I don't think that was the case. Everything was pretty firmly out of the zone.

1 hour ago, LeotheLion said:

From TV, I don't think that was the case. Everything was pretty firmly out of the zone.

Fair enough.  We were on the first base side.  From where we were, it looked pretty good, but there is also a reason that the umpire doesn't call balls and strikes from right field.  Gallegos threw 7 straight balls at one point.  I have no idea why the guy that flew out to end the game swung the bat.  It was 3-0, after 7 straight balls.  I would have taken 2 pitches just to see if he could throw a strike.  

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Fair enough.  We were on the first base side.  From where we were, it looked pretty good, but there is also a reason that the umpire doesn't call balls and strikes from right field.  Gallegos threw 7 straight balls at one point.  I have no idea why the guy that flew out to end the game swung the bat.  It was 3-0, after 7 straight balls.  I would have taken 2 pitches just to see if he could throw a strike.  

Agreed, we got a major gift there. If it one of your best hitters, you can live with that I suppose but not Jake Lamb.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Just another ridiculous night for Tink Hence last night.

4 IP, 1 H, 0 ER, 8 K, 1 BB

Reaction GIF

Also, TON is back. Noot back to Memphis. We need him back in LF in a bad way. Even if he’s cold at the plate, he’s head and shoulders better defensively than any of the slappies we’ve been running out there in LF.

• Like 1