Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

14 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I would be really happy if we got the first pick tbh.

At what cost? While the prospects of Conner Williams are enticing, he's not the only QB in the class. 

The #1 pick would mean more of the same. New staff, new FO new scheme. Two years of draft picks thrown away. Rinse and repeat. 

I want the team to win and take one of the top guys in this class of QBs coming out. There will be several high end prospects. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

At what cost? While the prospects of Conner Williams are enticing, he's not the only QB in the class. 

The #1 pick would mean more of the same. New staff, new FO new scheme. Two years of draft picks thrown away. Rinse and repeat. 

I want the team to win and take one of the top guys in this class of QBs coming out. There will be several high end prospects. 

You’re one of the few people who think Josh is a good coach.

We never should’ve fired Rich.

For years, you’ve been saying we can’t win with an average QB and now you’re OK with it?

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Both Jimmy G and Jacobs will we starting week 1. 

What about TC? Does that not matter in you opinion?

Jacob will for sure will hold out and Jimmy G will be in the training room for most of it.

Edited by Bitty 2.0

19 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

For years, you’ve been saying we can’t win with an average QB and now you’re OK with it?

It’s been two offseasons and Rich hasn’t gotten another HC job. He probably would of got fired last season. Mark been picking the coaches recently 

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

In a perfect world, We do exactly what 49ers intended to do with Lance and Jimmy Polo. Have a ready made team for a young QB to step in

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I would love for us to draft a QB with the potential of becoming a top 5-10 quarterback for the next 10-15 years. 

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

It’s been two offseasons and Rich hasn’t gotten another HC job. He probably would of got fired last season. Mark been picking the coaches recently 

That doesn’t matter. The team played hard for him and the team in general was better and going in the right direction. 

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

No. I'm one of the few people who think a coach needs at least 3 years before you can judge if he's a good coach or not. I think he's a good play caller. 

Rich would have fallen off last year. Fun story, you're naive if you think he had true staying power as a HC. Notice he's still coaching STs and not coaching another team. 

You can't win with an average QB. What's your argument? 

7 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

The recent NFL trend is to sit majority of starters. Teams are putting more emphasis on practice scrimmages vs other teams w/ starters 

Well I'm wondering if we're doing this to follow the trend or if this is because of the fact that Jimmy G. is still unable to go.

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

In a perfect world, We do exactly what 49ers intended to do with Lance and Jimmy Polo. Have a ready made team for a young QB to step in

Hang on a minute………….. isnt Garoppolo a proven winner? His stats back it up. Why would we move on from a guy who just wins everywhere he goes?

Something doesn’t add up here 🤨