Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

4 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

true, at least Carr intentionally threw it away . . . Jimmy G was trying to hit his open WR. 

Also, to say you cant build a team and pay carr . . 
Id say the saints have a solid roster. 
Do you disagree? 
They paid carr and built a team

Lol intentionally throwing the ball in the dirt on a 4th and 5 in the redzone  with a chance to stay in the game is giving up. 

4 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Rodgers, Lamar are exciting. Jimmy is a lame mover. Average at best QB... pairing that with a bottom 5 defense. We done

Well it goes like this:

Everyone assumed no because we were moving on from Carr that the quarterback that we ended up getting would be better. That created an expectation for pipe dream scenarios:

-It was Brady

-Once he retired it went immediately to Aaron Rodgers in a matter of hours

-Then when everyone heard that Aaron Rodgers was going most likely to do the Jets and switch to Lamar Jackson

-Now that reality has hit and we're getting the quarterback that a handful on here kind of knew it was going to be the whole time and so now the only thing left to do when all the pipe dreams are over is to rationalize

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 2

Just now, raidr4life said:

Lol intentionally throwing the ball in the dirt on a 4th and 5 in the redzone  with a chance to stay in the game is giving up. 

Lol at being down 42-21 with 3 minutes left and still thinking we had a chance in that game 🤣
dang ok, i get your optimism for Jimmy G now! there is always a chance!!!! Just win baby!

I guess I'll go ahead and post my thoughts since we are doing the told you so . I knew this and that thing. We all know the story. But the real reason we are here is poor decision making which we have been familiar with for 2 decades 

1st) We should have been drafting at least mid round QBs since before Gruden. And it should have been at least a bi yearly thing. We didn't.

2nd) Even though I have not been a fan of on the field Carr since probably his 3rd season. I have always said you don't cut the guy when you have no plan to replace him. It's always been my argument for when people say we should cut him. Well we did.

3rd) We should have traded Carr before last season when his value was highest. We didn't 

4th) Even if we had gotten Rogers or Jackson they wouldn't have a good o line or a good D.

5th) We complain about Jones. But at the time he was signed it looked like a good move.

In the end people will argue about any...ANY move made. And people will still bring Carr up for the next 3 or 4 seasons. Same as McGloin. In the end Jimmy G is a Raider. As much as i don't like it. It is what it is. And since he is a Raider I'm hoping he plays lights out and stays healthy. I hope we begin to bring in young players at EVERY position. But I would love to see us draft a QB at least bi-annually. I hope this works our well. And if it doesn't at least I won't have to look at McD on the sidelines much longer.

Edited by BigD1123
  • Like 4

If I gave you these 4 options at the end of the season which would you take:

Carr - 4 yr $40 per

Jones - 4 yr $40 per

Smith - 3 yr $35 per

Garappolo - 3 yr $22.5 per

Knowing that this team is not very good I would go with Jimmy G.

• Like 2