Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

All this hate because they kicked your favorite average QB to the curb after he was terrible last year. Zero pocket presence and crucial ill advised throws sent him packing 

Now fans are idiots?! Where are the mods at? Do your job, get this guy out of this forum 

Remember last offseason how he was all optimistic about the McDaniels-Ziegler duo, especially after they handed Carr that contract extension.  Man was Frankie WaterGunz insufferable when his boy got the contact last offseason. Dude was singing their praises lmao now that Carr was absolutely awful and got his walking papers, the guy is truly salty and its always fun to read his posts for a laugh now. 

Its “football 101” as he likes to say,  if you hate a team so much, go freaking root for another team. And maybe get some counseling. I know breakups can be hard. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Brady not coming here. check

Rodgers not coming here. check

Lamar not coming here. check

Lloyd Christmas being an incompetent fool who is running the team in the ground.  check

JM being an ego maniac who is not a good HC and no one wants to play for. check

This team is a dumpster fire for 20+ years and still is a complete joke. check

Quality free agents not wanting anything to do with this disaster. check

The Carr situation and how it was handled with complete incompetence. check

Remaining quality players like Jacobs being pissed that they're on the Titanic of NFL franchises.  check

Adams being pissed and not wanting to play for this **** show.  He has 26M reasons to ease his concerns so there is a chance he could play here next season but I assure you he is not happy. check

Not being able to fill holes with all of the cap space we have and players that were here last year (Perryman, Sin) testing FA as opposed to resigning and creating more holes to fill. check

Do you want me to keep going because I can....

Dude you weren’t the only one who said those QBs weren’t coming. Myself and a few others did as well. 

Mark Davis as a bad owner remains to be seen. At worst we can say he can’t hire a HC. His other franchise won a championship so we can’t really call him a loser. And it isn’t like Al was doing a bang up job before his passing. 

JMD is another person lots of people (myself included) who said wasn’t the right guy.  But it’s the second offseason let’s not crown any sort of decision because things can change and you’d look really dumb making any sort of claims. 

As far as players being upset, the only one people know for sure is Josh Jacobs. People thought Adams was but he cleared it up. All the other players on the roster have been fairly positive about being on the team.  I think if Adams was truly upset he’d be demanding to be traded right now. 

As far as players like Perryman and Ya-Sin testing the market it’s not surprising. They want to maximize their value now if they sign somewhere else for league minimum I’d agree with you but everyone knows FA is about securing the bag. You conveniently forgot about the players who have resigned with the team as well. 

TLDR

The things you were right about everyone else was too. 
And everything else you said has yet to be seen. 

14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Knives are out today and I'm here for it

Normally I try not to get involved when people say outlandish things. I for one really believed that Russell was going to be a good QB. I think you and I went round and round about that. So I try to extend mercy to some of the silly things said on here but geez every single transaction made in the offseason has been doom and gloom. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

Normally I try not to get involved when people say outlandish things. I for one really believed that Russell was going to be a good QB. I think you and I went round and round about that. So I try to extend mercy to some of the silly things said on here but geez every single transaction made in the offseason has been doom and gloom. 

Yeah you've been on here a long time and I wasn't a fan of Russell at all.  You also know that I have been very critical of this franchise since I have started posting here in 2008.  I come off as harsh but want nothing more to see success with my Raiders but also can't condone the ineptitude of this franchise. 

This offseason has been as embarrassing as any and this new regime has not started out on a good note.  It's both frustrating and pathetic...  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The Raiders are such a joke.  Those idiot fans will get exactly what they asked for....  I can't wait for all of the excuses.

Jimmy makes plays, he doesn't make excuses. It's so nice to have a QB that's a winner and a leader now. I can finally get excited knowing we have a QB that an take us all the way.

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Jimmy makes plays, he doesn't make excuses. It's so nice to have a QB that's a winner and a leader now. I can finally get excited knowing we have a QB that an take us all the way.

Just watched the presser and I like how he talked about earning respect. I’m Cautiously optimistic slightly maybe kinda

• Like 2

Now that he’s officially on the team I’d like to say this, 9 years ago ya boy was the GM of the Raiders in the forum draft. We traded back in the first round and we had hoped on drafting Derek Carr, the Browns however took him before we could. I believe we traded back again and drafted Jimmy G. It’s taken almost a decade but I’m happy to see that our pick has finally materialized.