Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

46 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

I really loathe the fact that McDaniels needs to have a certain type of QB to run his offense. He might be a brilliant offensive mind, but if you don't have flexibility in your coaching, you're destined to fail. I hope he proves me wrong.

good coaches adapt to their players, and play to their strengths. 

On 5/30/2023 at 2:58 PM, NCOUGHMAN said:

This guy is a ex sports dr good watch

he says if all goes well Jimmy should be ready by late august and if the time table is correct Jimmy is out of a cast and now is able to start putting weight on it

Rewatching it his timeline is confusing Jimmy got hurt in December he says if Jimmy had surgery then he would have been almost 100% when he signed. Well if that is true then Jimmy having the surgery right after signing in March would mean he should almost be 100% in mid June. Which makes more sense since he was out of the cast early May.

Edited by raidr4life

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You’re not wrong, there are reasons to be positive for sure, though we have made a number of, shall we say, questionable decisions too. 

What I don’t understand is the childish calling of names like ‘haters’. It’s like something my 5 year old daughter would do 😁

I don’t believe anyone here ‘hates’ the Raiders. They do however, have every right to express optimism like you, pessimism like some and criticise certain moves without people calling them childish names. I think most liked the draft for example, that was generally positive. Calling out suspect moves is not ‘hating’ on the team, it’s merely expressing an opinion that has some reasonable grounds.

Exactly a Raider fan not a player fan if it was the other way I’d jump ship after Marcus Allen left

43 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Rewatching it his timeline is confusing Jimmy got hurt in December he says if Jimmy had surgery then he would have been almost 100% when he signed. Well if that is true then Jimmy having the surgery right after signing in March would mean he should almost be 100% in mid June. Which makes more sense since he was out of the cast early May.

It’s multiple injuries iirc he had the shoulder and the foot and maybe something else too. 

11 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

It’s multiple injuries iirc he had the shoulder and the foot and maybe something else too. 

I'm specifically talking about the foot injury, it happened week 13 the Niners told him he didn't need surgery hoping he could make it back if they made it to the superbowl. That was December 5th, hes not discussing any other injury but the foot. He said if he had the surgery then he would have been mostly 100% in March when he signed that's 3 and a half months.

Jimmy had the surgery around March 20th. 3 and a half months from there is early July..

23 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I'm specifically talking about the foot injury, it happened week 13 the Niners told him he didn't need surgery hoping he could make it back if they made it to the superbowl. That was December 5th, hes not discussing any other injury but the foot. He said if he had the surgery then he would have been mostly 100% in March when he signed that's 3 and a half months.

Jimmy had the surgery around March 20th. 3 and a half months from there is early July..

Idk Have to rewatch it what I got was he’d be ready late august and that’s what I really wanted to know 

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

You’re not wrong, there are reasons to be positive for sure, though we have made a number of, shall we say, questionable decisions too. 

What I don’t understand is the childish calling of names like ‘haters’. It’s like something my 5 year old daughter would do 😁

I don’t believe anyone here ‘hates’ the Raiders. They do however, have every right to express optimism like you, pessimism like some and criticise certain moves without people calling them childish names. I think most liked the draft for example, that was generally positive. Calling out suspect moves is not ‘hating’ on the team, it’s merely expressing an opinion that has some reasonable grounds.

I think you'll find the childish names on both sides.
My two cents to those names:

If you add names like "McDummy"; "Leatherwhiff/Pleatherwood" and others it turns your justified criticism into unnecassary hate on somebody. Same goes for saying things like "your daddy XY" to someone else.

I personally don't mind if someone's calling out suspect moves. It's just sometimes I think, that I would like to see those guys would put the same effort/energy in praising moves that were good as in calling out suspect moves.

It's always like that:

Good move -> "Yeah good move, BUT.." and then the topic is back to criticize move XY

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Justwinning said:

I really loathe the fact that McDaniels needs to have a certain type of QB to run his offense. He might be a brilliant offensive mind, but if you don't have flexibility in your coaching, you're destined to fail. I hope he proves me wrong.

I think JMD rather needs the whole offense to "do their job" rather than to need a certain type of QB to run his offense.
They were more run-heavy with Newton, because he just can't pass (anymore) and more balanced with rookie QB Mac Jones.

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I think you'll find the childish names on both sides.
My two cents to those names:

If you add names like "McDummy"; "Leatherwhiff/Pleatherwood" and others it turns your justified criticism into unnecassary hate on somebody. Same goes for saying things like "your daddy XY" to someone else.

I personally don't mind if someone's calling out suspect moves. It's just sometimes I think, that I would like to see those guys would put the same effort/energy in praising moves that were good as in calling out suspect moves.

It's always like that:

Good move -> "Yeah good move, BUT.." and then the topic is back to criticize move XY

I don’t disagree with most of that to be honest.  But I will say labelling a poster a name and giving a player a humorous name is a bit different. Labelling posters engenders a confrontational response and antagonises people. 

15 hours ago, raidr4life said:

What’s more confusing is how Jimmy was walking around all winter and didn’t notice anything wrong. Did he not try to run or exercise? Did he not think hmm my foot still hurts maybe I should get my foot checked out privately since I’m not on the niners anymore?

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 9:42 AM, MrOaktown_56 said:

10 wins? Does anyone else think this?

Lol no one cares about worthless opinions of bias, talking head TV stooges looking for clicks which is exactly what this nonsense is all about.  

It's similar to the clickbait trash talking about Brady coming back to play for this **** show.  Zero chance of Brady playing QB this year and zero chance this **** burger roster is winning anything close to 10 games.  Both are flat out laughable and trash clickbait takes.  

The D is bottom 3 in the NFL, we have a bum QB which injury concerns who is already hurt, a porous Oline and a disgruntled RB who is holding out.  Once the wheels start to fall off I have a feeling Adams will not be a happy camper and if that happens watch out!

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Lol no one cares about worthless opinions of bias, talking head TV stooges looking for clicks which is exactly what this nonsense is all about.  

It's similar to the clickbait trash talking about Brady coming back to play for this **** show.  Zero chance of Brady playing QB this year and zero chance this **** burger roster is winning anything close to 10 games.  Both are flat out laughable and trash clickbait takes.  

The D is bottom 3 in the NFL, we have a bum QB which injury concerns who is already hurt, a porous Oline and a disgruntled RB who is holding out.  Once the wheels start to fall off I have a feeling Adams will not be a happy camper and if that happens watch out!

Even if Garoppolo plays when the team is 0–3 an excuse is going to be "Well he missed the whole off-season what did you guys expect?" Ignoring the fact that we chose to sign him(The first day of thre tampering period/3 days before FA actually started) knowing he was going to miss the whole off-season.

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1