Raiders sign S Marcus Epps (2 years, $12M, $8M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

Sounds like another Bilal Nichols signing. Not breaking the bank but money could’ve been spent a lot better. Dude apparently sucked in coverage behind the best DL in the league, wtf is he going to look like behind our mess? Kelce licking his chops, might go for 6 TDs next game lol 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

Sounds like another Bilal Nichols signing. Not breaking the bank but money could’ve been spent a lot better. Dude apparently sucked in coverage behind the best DL in the league, wtf is he going to look like behind our mess? Kelce licking his chops, might go for 6 TDs next game lol 

Raiders play a lot of 3 safety looks. Epps will be the box, run support guy in the defense. Moehrig hopefully improves next season as he's the FS. Guessing they like Palo Moa as well. He looked okay in limited action.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Raiders play a lot of 3 safety looks. Epps will be the box, run support guy in the defense. Moehrig hopefully improves next season as he's the FS. Guessing they like Palo Moa as well. He looked okay in limited action.

Would feel a lot better about a box safety if we had guys to play behind. 

When your the biggest liability on that Philly D I don’t expect you to come here and improve.

I’d much rather just save the cap space and roll it over til ‘24 and sign the crème de le crème of the leftovers for the veteran minimum… because the difference in talent ain’t much.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

When your the biggest liability on that Philly D I don’t expect you to come here and improve.

I’d much rather just save the cap space and roll it over til ‘24 and sign the crème de le crème of the leftovers for the veteran minimum… because the difference in talent ain’t much.

On the flipside of that though, is you will be tested a lot as the weakest link. 
He at least held his own. 

The toughest CB position to play was opposite Nnamdi, because you were oging to be targeted non stop. 

Yes, he benefited from a great front 7, but, he was probably targeted a ton too. 
I cant see him not being a role player for us worst case

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

On the flipside of that though, is you will be tested a lot as the weakest link. 
He at least held his own. 

The toughest CB position to play was opposite Nnamdi, because you were oging to be targeted non stop. 

Yes, he benefited from a great front 7, but, he was probably targeted a ton too. 
I cant see him not being a role player for us worst case

That is true… I’ll give you that.  Oh I think he’ll be a starter probably. I’m just saying I don’t love the move.  And I have nearly no faith in our ability to be decent next year.  That’s all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is true… I’ll give you that.  Oh I think he’ll be a starter probably. I’m just saying I don’t love the move.  And I have nearly no faith in our ability to be decent next year.  That’s all.

Im with you there. I hope we can build a time eating O, with Jacobs and intermediate passes, but I dont see it just yet. maybe we plan on going oline at 7 and guard in the 2nd to build a bully of an oline, who knows. But i still think we take too many penalties on O to play a time control game. 

Our D, I have no faith in. Love Maxx a ton, but not much else.
Maybe we bring back Darius phylon ? he legit won us that charger game 2 years ago haha. 
Right now id be bringing in as many younger players as I can to see who sticks. 

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

This is the move I didn't care for the most. There was other better options. Wish it was the other Eagles safety. 

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Wish it was the other Eagles safety. 

We all do. CGJ is a young, high-end Safety who'd help transform our D and identity. However he will have an abundance of suitors and large contract demands. Why on earth would he chose the Raiders if we aren't offering wayyy more $ than the rest? Sure no state tax is big but he is not desperate enough to come to Vegas on a long-term deal imo. We'd have to blow the doors open for him to consider becoming a Raider and that doesn't look like our MO this off season.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

We all do. CGJ is a young, high-end Safety who'd help transform our D and identity. However he will have an abundance of suitors and large contract demands. Why on earth would he chose the Raiders if we aren't offering wayyy more $ than the rest? Sure no state tax is big but he is not desperate enough to come to Vegas on a long-term deal imo. We'd have to blow the doors open for him to consider becoming a Raider and that doesn't look like our MO this off season.

Just watched and episode of 'Tape Don't Lie' and BD there was saying he watched some Eagles film to scope out CGJ but Epps was the one who looked the better player to him as a surprise.........I've personally not watched enough of either to make that determination but it's an interesting titbit. 

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Just watched and episode of 'Tape Don't Lie' and BD there was saying he watched some Eagles film to scope out CGJ but Epps was the one who looked the better player to him as a surprise.........I've personally not watched enough of either to make that determination but it's an interesting titbit. 

Epps has been solid the last 3 years people acting like he came out of nowhere.

• Like 3