Bills Sign WR/KR Deonte Harty (2 yrs, 13.5m, 5m gtd)

goldfishwars

6 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

That seems like a lot for a team that has Hines on the roster. Is this dude good as a WR?

He has big play potential but wasn't able to carve out a role on a team that has needed WRs badly.

He’s great with the ball in his hands… but you will have to be creative if you want to find ways to get it to him consistently.

He has had problems staying healthy, but has flashed some skills to be a #3/#4 WR. Very dynamic player that can create something out of nothing with the ball in his hands. He also is among the better return men in the NFL. Him getting hurt last year and Rashid Shaheed breaking out while he was on IR basically ended his stint with New Orleans. At 25 years old, I do think Harty can still make an impact as a situational player for the Bills if he can stay healthy.

3 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

why though....

Mckenzie looked good, Shakir looked good in a limited role (deserves more reps imo)

I'd imagine they want Harty because he is a much more explosive player than Mckenzie/Shakir. The Bills seem like a team that would do well at getting Harty the ball in space to make plays.

10 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

why though....

Mckenzie looked good, Shakir looked good in a limited role (deserves more reps imo)

He brings an element they haven't had.. Harty can SCOOT and is electric.. when healthy

49 minutes ago, Dome said:

He has big play potential but wasn't able to carve out a role on a team that has needed WRs badly.

He’s great with the ball in his hands… but you will have to be creative if you want to find ways to get it to him consistently.

This was my thought as well. A weird guy to be giving money to for a team that needs kind of a sure-thing outside of Diggs. Not that this precludes them from adding a WR, but I just think it was strange to add this guy for solid money.