Raiders re-sign Jermaine Eluemunor

NYRaider

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm not disagreeing with the value at 1yr/3M but he is a depth piece and not a starter.   The contract and his lack of interest on the market emphasizes exactly what I have been saying about him.  He is serviceable if a legit starter goes down but he not a starting caliber tackle.  

Of course I’d like an upgrade as well and depending on what the biggest holes are come late April, also not opposed to drafting one of the top OT’s, preferably with a trade down in the 10-12 range.. But I feel like with Elu, he’s serviceable for now and not sure how much a year 1 RT would be over him.. So even in a trade down I’d still lean for Witherspoon or Porter Jr and address RT long term next year or with a trade up from 38 if there’s a good one left late 1st rd with the 10 picks remaining at our disposal.

7 minutes ago, JarrodR86 said:

Of course I’d like an upgrade as well and depending on what the biggest holes are come late April, also not opposed to drafting one of the top OT’s, preferably with a trade down in the 10-12 range.. But I feel like with Elu, he’s serviceable for now and not sure how much a year 1 RT would be over him.. So even in a trade down I’d still lean for Witherspoon or Porter Jr and address RT long term next year or with a trade up from 38 if there’s a good one left late 1st rd with the 10 picks remaining at our disposal.

I don't think the value is there for a RT in the 1st round even if we trade down.  I would rather take a shot at a player like Blake Freeland out of BYU in the 3rd if he is there or target interior Oline in the 3rd/4th round.  

Ideally in the 1st we trade back and target an edge rusher or cb as that is where the 1st round value is and those are major areas of need on this team.  I feel like N. Smith, LVN, Porter Jr would all be good value with a trade back.  I like D. Hall out of Auburn as good edge value in the 2nd if we get a CB like Porter in the 1st.  If we can come out of the 1st three rounds with Porter, Hall, Freeland and G. Dexter that would be good value all at major areas of need. 

• Like 5

He flashed some but still think he's wildly overrated by our fanbase.

3rd most penalties by an OT despite being 38th in snaps and his PFF grade was around 60th.

He's serviceable at best imo but we have too many worse glaring holes at this point that we'll have to roll with him.

1 hour ago, riceman80 said:

3rd most penalties by an OT despite being 38th in snaps and his PFF grade was around 60th.

He's serviceable at best imo but we have too many worse glaring holes at this point that we'll have to roll with him.

Agree. Serviceable, but seems committed to getting better. Worked hard at it. A better RG next to him can only help. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Agree. Serviceable, but seems committed to getting better. Worked hard at it. A better RG next to him can only help. 

Right.....lol. Having buns, I mean Bars, next to ya has gotta be rough..... jus sayin. It wasn’t a coincidence KC had Jones over bars quite a bit in that second game. Spagnulo was probably smiling and drooling over that matchup!!!! Lmfao! 

9 hours ago, riceman80 said:

Not sure where you got 60th for his PFF grade, he was 20th overall for OT's and like 8th for RT's last year. I believe he only gave up like 1 or 2 sacks following week one despite playing one of the toughest schedules for a RT in the league. 

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think this was a very good contract for us and I’m very glad we brought him back.  I think we should try and get a longterm RT in the draft but Eluemunor is a solid RT for the short term. 

Interested to see how the OT situation plays out, obviously Kolton / Elu should start. Parker / Herron will be an interesting camp battle, they seem to like both as potential swing tackles. I think Munford could be the RT of the future though so we may not need to draft one. If we can come away from the draft with another quality starter at OG, Ziegler could potentially have found 3 young foundational pieces on the OL.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Interested to see how the OT situation plays out, obviously Kolton / Elu should start. Parker / Herron will be an interesting camp battle, they seem to like both as potential swing tackles. I think Munford could be the RT of the future though so we may not need to draft one.

If they think Munford progressed Well during the season then I’d be okay with passing on a RT in the draft and instead drafting a G a little later.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

If they think Munford progressed Well during the season then I’d be okay with passing on a RT in the draft and instead drafting a G a little later.

By all accounts the depth at IOL is pretty decent. I’d like them to double down, try and get a potential starter in the 3rd/4th and then take a punt on one later.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, reddevil said:

By all accounts the depth at IOL is pretty decent. I’d like them to double down, try and get a potential starter in the 3rd/4th and then take a punt on one later.

I wonder if they'd consider moving on from James if a center they like falls into their lap. Joe Tippmann in the third would be good value.