Raiders re-sign Jermaine Eluemunor

NYRaider

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I wonder if they'd consider moving on from James if a center they like falls into their lap. Joe Tippmann in the third would be good value.

If there’s good value at G that allows Parham to move to C and James to be cut OR a center to just replace James in rounds 3 or 4 I think that’d be a fantastic move.

I tend to lean towards parham to C but If he was able to gain strength/weight I’d have no issues with him at LG longterm

• Like 2

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Interested to see how the OT situation plays out, obviously Kolton / Elu should start. Parker / Herron will be an interesting camp battle, they seem to like both as potential swing tackles. I think Munford could be the RT of the future though so we may not need to draft one. If we can come away from the draft with another quality starter at OG, Ziegler could potentially have found 3 young foundational pieces on the OL.

They need to stop playing around draft Avila play him in his best spot LG move Parham to his best spot RG

Miller, Avila, James, Parham, Eluemunor  and if we can get a center in the 3rd or 4th bye bye James

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

They need to stop playing around draft Avila play him in his best spot LG move Parham to his best spot RG

Miller, Avila, James, Parham, Eluemunor  and if we can get a center in the 3rd or 4th bye bye James

I’ve seen somewhere that Parham played much better at RG in 2 games then the larger sample size he played at LG.  He was a RG in college his senior year.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve seen somewhere that Parham played much better at RG in 2 games then the larger sample size he played at LG.  He was a RG in college his senior year.

John Michael could be there in the 4th too that would push James out and save us 5M.

Just now, raidr4life said:

John Michael could be there in the 4th too that would push James out and save us 5M.

He’s one of a few centers and guards that can be had in the 3-4th, which I’ve always said is sweet spot in almost every day to find quality starters for the iOL.

there are two good thing for us:

1) we can draft a C or G…. parham can move to C If we get a G.

2) We can do thru camP and see if the rookies ready before cutting James.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, raidr4life said:

I’d agree with this, not that I think James is terrible but he’s a very average type of starter but crucially, payed too much for his level of performance (thanks again Grudock).

Maybe he improves but I’d have no problem replacing him and there are a few nice prospects in that round 3 range, Schmitz, Tippman, Oluwatimi, Stromberg and Patterson could all be viable options from the second round to the fourth maybe.

It is odd that they moved Parham to LG. You gotta think that they had planned to have Good at RG before he retired. And I suppose it makes sense to put the rookie next to the most experienced and best player in Miller, rather than next to whoever they thought was gonna be at RT (Leatherwood? Parker?) during the off-season last year.

Maybe they don’t want to undo his learning from last year and if they do still harbour expectations he will end up at C at some point, why change it now!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, reddevil said:

It is odd that they moved Parham to LG. You gotta think that they had planned to have Good at RG before he retired. And I suppose it makes sense to put the rookie next to the most experienced and best player in Miller, rather than next to whoever they thought was gonna be at RT (Leatherwood? Parker?) during the off-season last year.

Maybe they don’t want to undo his learning from last year and if they do still harbour expectations he will end up at C at some point, why change it now!!

I think this whole situation just emphasizes the value of OL who can play multiple positions.  

Maybe it’s just my perception, but it takes min 2 if you invest heavily via draft and longterm FA signings or 3 years to build an offensive line thru the draft if you already have your longterm LT (Kolton Miller).

It’s incredibly difficult to just draft your LG, C, RG and they end up sticking there permanently and work out UNLESS your spending round 1 and 2 picks on the top 1-3 guys in each draft.  When your using 3rd and 4th round picks to fill some to all of these spots you gotta be flexible and adjust.

Longterm I would like to see Parham at C.  That’s mainly because I prefer HOGS at G.  I want bigger, stronger guys who open up holes in the run game.

On 4/1/2023 at 2:31 AM, reddevil said:

I think it definitely came down to the numbers game. If Parham played C, who were our OG's gonna be? James is a replaceable C, but he's at least got experience and wasn't downright dreadful. 

I still think our ideal lineup would be Miller-Parham-James/Draft Pick-Munford-Eleumenor/Draft Pick unless we luck into someone like Avila, McClendon, or Vorhees and go Miller-Paham-James/Pick-AvilacClendon/Vorhees-Munford. 

Got some pretty good OTs in the draft and I think a James replacement could easily be found day 3. 

As for Parham, I'd keep him at LG for now though. No need to move someone who is being a success at one position unless absolutely necessary, imo. 

2 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I think it definitely came down to the numbers game. If Parham played C, who were our OG's gonna be? James is a replaceable C, but he's at least got experience and wasn't downright dreadful. 

I still think our ideal lineup would be Miller-Parham-James/Draft Pick-Munford-Eleumenor/Draft Pick unless we luck into someone like Avila, McClendon, or Vorhees and go Miller-Paham-James/Pick-AvilacClendon/Vorhees-Munford. 

Got some pretty good OTs in the draft and I think a James replacement could easily be found day 3. 

As for Parham, I'd keep him at LG for now though. No need to move someone who is being a success at one position unless absolutely necessary, imo. 

I think line could be LT-Miller LG-Herron/Muti C- James RG- Parham RT- Elu

I think we will add two rookie to the mix. Probably IOL. James replacement, and another challenger at LG. Two day3 picks