PackFanFB's "Let's Help Jordan Love" Mock

packfanfb

58 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I do like me some JSN and Foskey. 

Bryce Ford-Wheaton does look like a EQ, MVS, Christian Watson type, doesn't he? Looking at these highlights:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdrNJlhN0rQ&ab_channel=KetariProductions  I really like how he gets in position to make it very hard for the DBs to break up passes.  But in the highlights there really only is one play, a screen against Kansas, where I am thinking, "this guy is fast." Not that he is slow, but he doesn't seem to run away like the three guys mentioned.

I am incredibly biased, Jermaine Johnson was one of my guys last year.  I would probably be down with JJ for Rodgers, straight up.  The only nit-picky complaint I would have, is we would have an embarrassment of riches at the edge position, and it seems like we could spread the wealth a little bit, especially if we draft Foskey on top of it.  

I also like the more realistic FA period for the Packers.  Get a DL, get an old guy for the WR kids, and get a back-up QB.

Quality.

TBF to BFW, there wasn't a lot in that highlight reel that got him into space. However, when the ball was in the air and he wasn't tasked with waiting on it (Doege lofted a ton), he was a step or two clear of the DB in almost all of them. 

EDIT - about the 5 minute mark, he gets a play designed to get him into open space and he housed it. I think he's got plenty speed and his athletic testing was next level. I'd take him early day 3, maybe even late day 2 depending on the board.

Edited by beekay414

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

TBF to BFW, there wasn't a lot in that highlight reel that got him into space. However, when the ball was in the air and he wasn't tasked with waiting on it (Doege lofted a ton), he was a step or two clear of the DB in almost all of them. 

EDIT - about the 5 minute mark, he gets a play designed to get him into open space and he housed it. I think he's got plenty speed and his athletic testing was next level. I'd take him early day 3, maybe even late day 2 depending on the board.

Have you watched Andrei Iosivas?  That is what I mean when I am talking about fast.  Just didn't really see that very much in the handful of plays from BFW.  He is plenty fast, but his 40 time was 2 hundredths slower than Watson.  I just don't see that kind of speed.  As with a lot of my complaints, that is also just being nit-picky.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Have you watched Andrei Iosivas?  That is what I mean when I am talking about fast.  Just didn't really see that very much in the handful of plays from BFW.  He is plenty fast, but his 40 time was 2 hundredths slower than Watson.  I just don't see that kind of speed.  As with a lot of my complaints, that is also just being nit-picky.  

The kid from Princeton? I haven't seen much that shows me that he's a better long speed guy than BFW. IIRC, BFW ran a faster 40 time than Iosivas. 

• Like 2

Excellent work!

I'd say JJ3 is a fair substitute for a first rounder. Return almost seems a little rich if anything.

A lot of my favorite prospects in the draft. No major holes left unfilled.

Maybe I'd like to see more long-term o-line additions to the roster if anything.

37 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

The kid from Princeton? I haven't seen much that shows me that he's a better long speed guy than BFW. IIRC, BFW ran a faster 40 time than Iosivas. 

Yessir.  

FqaD4wCaUAA3w3h?format=jpg&name=900x900

FqjmuJIWAAIgyTd.jpg:large

Looks like he did run faster.  And maybe it is the difference in competition between FCS, and the Big 12, but BFW doesn't pop speed-wise like the other two did in highlights.  I think it is like comparing MVS and EQ.  Both are plenty fast.  But you watch MVS, and he just plays faster.  I don't know exactly how to quantify it.

Iosivas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REajX7XTRLY&t=1s&ab_channel=KaliforniaHighlights

BFW:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdrNJlhN0rQ&ab_channel=KetariProductions

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yessir.  

Looks like he did run faster.  And maybe it is the difference in competition between FCS, and the Big 12, but BFW doesn't pop speed-wise like the other two did in highlights.  I think it is like comparing MVS and EQ.  Both are plenty fast.  But you watch MVS, and he just plays faster.  I don't know exactly how to quantify it.

Iosivas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REajX7XTRLY&t=1s&ab_channel=KaliforniaHighlights

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not seeing what you're seeing here. They both look like they have similar top end speeds but Iosivas looks like a more clunky runner. Feel like BFW is just naturally athletic that it looks like he's going through the motions. Iosivas looked like he was going to fall down at top end speed some plays haha. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm not seeing what you're seeing here. They both look like they have similar top end speeds but Iosivas looks like a more clunky runner. Feel like BFW is just naturally athletic that it looks like he's going through the motions. Iosivas looked like he was going to fall down at top end speed some plays haha. 

Sold! In the BFW/Losivas sale......BFW is the winner :)

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Yessir.  

I thought there was plenty of pop in that BFW highlight reel. He’s dominating weaker competition but he can move at that size and is catching focused, and with his hands  not his body. Seems like he plays with intensity. 

• Like 1

But let's pump the brakes a little bit on both of them.  Neither are DK Metcalf or Christian Watson.  Take these guys in the MVS and EQ range, and hope that they pan out.  If you guys have been around a while, I loved me some EQ.  I still think the EQ highlight video is better than Iosivas or BFW, but these guys do check the Dave and Gute box for WRs.  

One of my blind spots is a WR that is 6'3+ and even kind of fast.  I like them all, and they certainly don't all hit.  I would be excited if we bring in Hakeem Butler off the Battlehawks for a tryout.  

I was just splitting hairs though.  I think BFW timed faster than he plays.  Some disagree.  Chances are, the Packers don't take either of these guys, and we all but forget about them by week 8.

11 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Gonna start seeming like im railing against musgrave in every mock, i just dont think you can say hes better than kincaid in line. At most you could say theyre equally bad but i still think thats not quite right. I dont think Kincaids completely awful at it.

Dont hate the pick as a big slot who can body DB's though.

I'd take Kincaid over Musgrave. However, in the games that I watched Kincaid was a terrible inline blocker--although he was solid blocking in space. Musgrave was a better inline blocker.

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

But let's pump the brakes a little bit on both of them.  Neither are DK Metcalf or Christian Watson.  Take these guys in the MVS and EQ range, and hope that they pan out.  If you guys have been around a while, I loved me some EQ.  I still think the EQ highlight video is better than Iosivas or BFW, but these guys do check the Dave and Gute box for WRs.  

One of my blind spots is a WR that is 6'3+ and even kind of fast.  I like them all, and they certainly don't all hit.  I would be excited if we bring in Hakeem Butler off the Battlehawks for a tryout.  

I was just splitting hairs though.  I think BFW timed faster than he plays.  Some disagree.  Chances are, the Packers don't take either of these guys, and we all but forget about them by week 8.

Matt Landers is another round 5 type of guy who fits. He's probably most like MVS.