Lions sign DB Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

chiefs82

4 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Not as bad as Orlando Brown gambling on himself and turning down 6 years $139M. 4 for $64M instead lol 

Yea, I'm with everyone else on this. The Bengals deal has more guaranteed money, 31.1M gtd at signing, is frontloaded at 42.346M in the first two, and gets him into his next contract faster. The only thing he really loses out on is the injury guarantee. He more than likely never sees the 4th year and is a cap casualty. The Chiefs deal was definitely backloaded. The 6th year had 44M tied to it.

On 3/20/2023 at 8:53 AM, Dome said:

Lmao

Nobody who is a fan of  the saints would’ve agreed with this when he was here, and last year he played a new position full time and still did well.

saints fans didn’t start badmouth him until he got shipped out, real bad look guy

if you didn’t know that he thought he was “the **** of the walk” until last year, you are clueless lol 

Nah, I said what I said. Go watch his play, not just his INT's (which rarely came from a winning QB, other than Brady), and rarely to people complaint about a player on defense, typically just offense.

AND, maybe you shouldn't look at just 1 "clue" from me. Grabbing 1 statement about him and painting the whole picture is "clueless". I enjoyed him on our team. He did the same thing he did with the Eagles, pull out the occasional INT, sometimes in clutch moments. I give credit where credit is due, and not just a blanket thought because he's not on our team anymore. 

Our defense played as well last season as they did with him, and that was with a skeleton crew at times, and a not great D-line. They were literally just as good/better without him than with him. The only exception is the INT's were down for the Saints, but up for him.

And aren't you the one that said you didn't watch much/any football last season because you didn't like the Saints anymore because they entertained the notion of Watson? Yeah, That was you. You only show back up to throw out an unguided bias opinion if it differs with your feelings. Go buy a Lions jersey.

21 minutes ago, Mid Iowa said:

Nah, I said what I said. Go watch his play, not just his INT's (which rarely came from a winning QB, other than Brady), and rarely to people complaint about a player on defense, typically just offense.

AND, maybe you shouldn't look at just 1 "clue" from me. Grabbing 1 statement about him and painting the whole picture is "clueless". I enjoyed him on our team. He did the same thing he did with the Eagles, pull out the occasional INT, sometimes in clutch moments. I give credit where credit is due, and not just a blanket thought because he's not on our team anymore. 

Our defense played as well last season as they did with him, and that was with a skeleton crew at times, and a not great D-line. They were literally just as good/better without him than with him. The only exception is the INT's were down for the Saints, but up for him.

And aren't you the one that said you didn't watch much/any football last season because you didn't like the Saints anymore because they entertained the notion of Watson? Yeah, That was you. You only show back up to throw out an unguided bias opinion if it differs with your feelings. Go buy a Lions jersey.

Lmao 

You said CJGJ was one of the most important pieces to the defense and wished we could’ve kept him

now he’s “below average” and just lucks into his interceptions.

you generally have god awful takes, this is another one and it’s obvious you’re jaded cause he didn’t like playing your favorite team 

I didn’t watch saints football last year. I watched just as much Eagles football than saints football.

doesn’t matter what I watched last year, the people have spoken and they said you’re clueless… check the footballs 🏈 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Dome said:

Lmao 

You said CJGJ was one of the most important pieces to the defense and wished we could’ve kept him

now he’s “below average” and just lucks into his interceptions.

you generally have god awful takes, this is another one and it’s obvious you’re jaded cause he didn’t like playing your favorite team 

I didn’t watch saints football last year. I watched just as much Eagles football than saints football.

doesn’t matter what I watched last year, the people have spoken and they said you’re clueless… check the footballs 🏈 

Time reveals, dude. We were all upset when he was traded, and then it turned out to not matter.

And I don't give a rip about the "footballs". Not a single one of us are involved in the talent scouting, we're all armchair geeks.

So, I'd ask you, if a player leaves a team, and that team does better without him, you truly feel that player is more than average? Interesting...

1 hour ago, Mid Iowa said:

Time reveals, dude. We were all upset when he was traded, and then it turned out to not matter.

And I don't give a rip about the "footballs". Not a single one of us are involved in the talent scouting, we're all armchair geeks.

So, I'd ask you, if a player leaves a team, and that team does better without him, you truly feel that player is more than average? Interesting...

We are better because we went out and signed Tyrann Mathieu to replace CJGJ, not because we lost CJGJ. 

3-time all-pro, instant fan favorite, local hero, NFL All-Decades team, Super Bowl Champion Tyrann Mathieu

that’s who we had to bring it to replace CJ. you’ve only proven my point, to replace CJ we had to bring in one of the best to do it over the last 10 years, and we got maybe marginally better 

Tyrann Mathieu who will be paid more by the saints in 2022 and 2023 than Chauncey Gardner had been paid by his teams, and will probably fall off a cliff after that while CJ enters his prime. 

trying to chalk it up to “addition by subtraction” when talking about CJGJ and our defense is absolutely stupid and everyone sees right through it lol. You big mad.

Edited by Dome
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Dome said:

We are better because we went out and signed Tyrann Mathieu to replace CJGJ, not because we lost CJGJ. 

3-time all-pro, instant fan favorite, local hero, NFL All-Decades team, Super Bowl Champion Tyrann Mathieu

that’s who we had to bring it to replace CJ. you’ve only proven my point, to replace CJ we had to bring in one of the best to do it over the last 10 years, and we got maybe marginally better 

Tyrann Mathieu who will be paid more by the saints in 2022 and 2023 than Chauncey Gardner had been paid by his teams, and will probably fall off a cliff after that while CJ enters his prime. 

trying to chalk it up to “addition by subtraction” when talking about CJGJ and our defense is absolutely stupid and everyone sees right through it lol. You big mad.

I'm not sure why you're calling me big mad. I'm not the one in here calling people names, I'll leave that one up to you.

I'm going to go back to something you said, that you pretty much didn't watch any Saints football last year. So don't give me this garbage that we had to get an all decades player to replace him.

TM is aging, has clearly lost a step, and yes is still very good. They didn't even play the same position.

It's okay, I'll let you go ahead and think that you've got this one under wraps. For the last 8 years in this forum, all I've ever seen from you is telling people how they're wrong. Whether you have actual statistics or not, you just have to cram down people's throats that they're wrong because they think differently from you. It gets pretty old, dome.

Now, go break out your Eagles jersey and enjoy the off season. You're no Saints fan.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 9:53 AM, Dome said:

Lmao

Nobody who is a fan of  the saints would’ve agreed with this when he was here, and last year he played a new position full time and still did well.

saints fans didn’t start badmouth him until he got shipped out, real bad look guy

if you didn’t know that he thought he was “the **** of the walk” until last year, you are clueless lol 

This. I hate how everyone is now throwing him under the bus after I heard all season he was the best S in the league. But only NOW is he a locker room cancer, and not that good and "replaceable by Edmunds."

• Like 1

Oh I see

first I was a lions fan 

now I’m an eagles fan 

As long as I’m not a saints fan lol 

that’s a really well thought out way to debate… attempt to gatekeep a fandom, it definitely doesn’t make you look like a tool bag 

• Like 2