Raiders sign TE Austin Hooper (1 year)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Really like this one. Probably pushes TE to the mid rounds in the draft. 

I think Howard/Horsted gives us some insurance if the draft doesn’t play out as we want. If there is a TE there we like then I don’t think we would pass. LaPorta is the guy I like. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dessie said:

I think Howard/Horsted gives us some insurance if the draft doesn’t play out as we want. If there is a TE there we like then I don’t think we would pass. LaPorta is the guy I like. 

I like LaPorta too he may go earlier than we like. I also like Shoonmaker who should go later.

The second round is loaded with talent this year, I'd love to move down and acquire an extra pick or two. Moving from #7 to #16 if they're sending #47 and a 2024 pick would be an ideal scenario. 

16. Joey Porter Jr | CB | Penn State

38. Keion White | DL | Georgia Tech

47. Luke Musgrave | TE | Oregon State

70. Cody Mauch | OL | North Dakota State

100. Jordan Battle | S | Alabama

109. Nick Herbig | LB | Wisconsin 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dessie said:

Exactly my thoughts. Gives us a plan B if no TE falls to us or better players are available at different positions. I like La Porta too and also Kuntz and Schoonmaker. It allows us to not have to go after a starting TE, we can grab a lower round prospect with upside and use that draft pick on D.

• Like 1

Good value signing.

He fits really well as Y in this scheme and allow us to be flexibile in the draft.

Howard and Horsted behind him give us a solid and cheap TE room before the draft, where I still envision a TE pick...that quartett would be a really solid group.

I think he will be better value than Shultz. I wouldn’t be surprised if Shultz declines away from being one of Daks favorite targets. Titans offense was a mess and run heavy. Then that other guy (who looks like a future star) was taking away targets. I can see Hooper having a bounce back year

Edited by Humble_Beast