Raiders sign TE Austin Hooper (1 year)

RaidersAreOne

His value has been killed the past few years In Tennessee but he still has Top 12 TE upside at a bargain basement price. This is my favorite FA signing thus far. 

I’d also argue that Hooper/Howard is on par with Waller/Moreau at a fraction of the cost when you factor in Waller’s level of play and injury issues. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

How is he as a blocker? We all know Waller stunk at it, is Hooper similar in that regard?

Below average blocker just like Waller. Hooper is comparable to Waller in many ways, just definitely worse, but way cheaper and way more reliable. Fame and money went to Waller’s head. He never wanted to play anymore and still get paid. It’s a shame what Waller turned into. He was the same way on the Ravens. Only Gruden made Waller play hard, literally only Gruden. Even Rich couldn’t get much out of Waller. For some reason Waller really respected Gruden a lot and showed up for him. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

For some reason Waller really respected Gruden a lot and showed up for him. 

Waller would ave been out of the league if not for Gruden and even Olsen iirc. Probably felt like he owed him the world and once he was gone, he coasted. Agreed it's a total shame. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Waller would ave been out of the league if not for Gruden and even Olsen iirc. Probably felt like he owed him the world and once he was gone, he coasted. Agreed it's a total shame. 

Probably exactly what happened. I think McDaniels and Carr called him out on his  **** which soured the relationship even further. Although Carr did it on public which is a big no no.