Would you make the trade?

vegas492

Don't Be a Homer!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. If you thought you were a QB away from being a legit conference finalists or Super Bowl team, would you trade pick #13 in the NFL draft for a 39 year old quarterback? You know you will have him for one year for sure. 50% you get him for year two. 10% chance for year three.

• Yes, if I'm a QB away from having a realistic chance, that's better value than pick #13, because...lucky #13, amiright?
    • Nope. Ain't paying the price of the 13th overall pick for a QB who will play for one year.
    • @Vegas492 is an idiot, our mods are idiots, @Norm is an idiot, @Outpost31 is not an idiot, @Norm's mom's meatloaf sucks.....

No, 

They aren't getting to the Super Bowl with that gauntlet of QBs in the AFC

If Rodgers gets hurt with that weak OL, you are done and out of a top pick

Takes too long for Rodgers to get on the same page with the WRs who are in a new offense.  Lazard is familiar with it, but he's not taking you to a SB.  OBJ might help but he's coming off surgery.

Rodgers mobility isn't what it once was, he's 39, and I'd have concerns about him making it through the season with that line. 

Id probably look for a longer term solution.  JMO.

Edited by NFLGURU
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

No, 

They aren't getting to the Super Bowl with that gauntlet of QBs in the AFC

If Rodgers gets hurt with that weak OL, you are done and out of a top pick

Takes too long for Rodgers to get on the same page with the WRs who are in a new offense.  Lazard is familiar with it, but he's not taking you to a SB.  OBJ might help but he's coming off surgery.

Rodgers mobility isn't what it once was, he's 39, and I'd have concerns about him making it through the season with that line. 

Id probably look for a longer term solution.  JMO.

Like when they spent the 2nd pick on Zach Wilson. Also, the idea that there are too many good quarterbacks in the AFC so we shouldn't even try is one I can't wrap my head around. 

The Jets have put together a pretty good roster minus the quarterback. The time their window is open is ticking. This seems like the ideal time to do this. Now, if Stafford wasn't coming of a pretty serious injury, you might go after him thinking you have 3-4 years but cannot be sure you even have 1 full year with him. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, smetana34 said:

No. If Rodgers would commit to two years, yes

Exactly this!

It's like someone saying to me do you want to go to Bali on holiday, and then says you going for one night only! No thanks. As nice as Bali is, that's too much trouble for too little reward

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If we had a roster like we did in 2020 but Zach Wilson was our QB and we hadn't been to the playoffs in 13 years? Abso-*******-lutely.

The Jets have picked top 15 ten times in 13 years. What's one more top 15 pick not spent on QB going to do for them??

That's a very good argument

There is no way the 13 pick is in play unless it is a swap with GB 15 pick. 

I tend to look at what JD (Jets GM) has done in the past. JD loves his draft picks and trys to collect as many as possible. If he trades a pick he wants one back. He hates to sit out a round in the draft. 

Now with the Moore trade this is pretty much telling me that a 2nd round pick this year is going to be moved. Now will it be a second round pick this year plus or just a 2nd round pick this year. I would be SHOCKED if the Jets moved their first round pick and having no pick in the first round. I could even see a 2nd round pick this year and a swap of first round picks too. I think GB fans are just like the Jet fans and want the best trade they can get. In the end the trade will happen and it will be fair. Rodgers will play at lest 2 years too unless the Jets win the Super Bowl or Rodgers gets hurt really bad. 

Some side notes

JD (jets GM) will not be fired anytime soon. For people to even say that is a joke. The guy just had the best draft in the Jets history and one of top drafts in NFL history and you think he will be fired. LOL COME ON.

Saleh - I can see Saleh being fired if the Jets don't make a good run with or without Rodgers. 

The jets don't 'HAVE TO GET" Aaron Rodgers. You have Lamar and Stafford out there. I'm not a huge Lamar fan but he can bring the Jets pretty deep in the playoffs. Stafford I would like better becasue he has done it before and is a lot cheaper than Lamar and throws a lot better ball than Lamar too even with the injury to his neck. 

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

Exactly this!

It's like someone saying to me do you want to go to Bali on holiday, and then says you going for one night only! No thanks. As nice as Bali is, that's too much trouble for too little reward

You can measure you reward by the small amount of time. If one-year nets you a Super Bowl win, that lasts a lifetime. 

Don't think that comparison is equal. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

There is no way the 13 pick is in play unless it is a swap with GB 15 pick. 

I tend to look at what JD (Jets GM) has done in the past. JD loves his draft picks and trys to collect as many as possible. If he trades a pick he wants one back. He hates to sit out a round in the draft. 

Now with the Moore trade this is pretty much telling me that a 2nd round pick this year is going to be moved. Now will it be a second round pick this year plus or just a 2nd round pick this year. I would be SHOCKED if the Jets moved their first round pick and having no pick in the first round. I could even see a 2nd round pick this year and a swap of first round picks too. I think GB fans are just like the Jet fans and want the best trade they can get. In the end the trade will happen and it will be fair. Rodgers will play at lest 2 years too unless the Jets win the Super Bowl or Rodgers gets hurt really bad. 

Some side notes

JD (jets GM) will not be fired anytime soon. For people to even say that is a joke. The guy just had the best draft in the Jets history and one of top drafts in NFL history and you think he will be fired. LOL COME ON.

Saleh - I can see Saleh being fired if the Jets don't make a good run with or without Rodgers. 

The jets don't 'HAVE TO GET" Aaron Rodgers. You have Lamar and Stafford out there. I'm not a huge Lamar fan but he can bring the Jets pretty deep in the playoffs. Stafford I would like better becasue he has done it before and is a lot cheaper than Lamar and throws a lot better ball than Lamar too even with the injury to his neck. 

Douglas is 20-46.

He took Zach Wilson #2.

His draft history outside of Quinnen Williams, Sauce Gardner and Garrett Williams is horrendous. All of those guys are top 10 picks.

The only starter he's put on your team outside of the top 36 picks in the draft in 4 years, is your punter.

You guys clearly have a star on your hands. You should feed him all the draft capital you can get. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Douglas is 20-46.

He took Zach Wilson #2.

His draft history outside of Quinnen Williams, Sauce Gardner and Garrett Williams is horrendous. All of those guys are top 10 picks.

The only starter he's put on your team outside of the top 36 picks in the draft in 4 years, is your punter.

You guys clearly have a star on your hands. You should feed him all the draft capital you can get. 

The guy just drafted not 1 BUT BOTH rookie of the years. Then you add Breece Hall who is a top RB in the league. 

You also forgot he moved up to get AVT who is an all pro G that played great at T before he got hurt. 

Becton was a stud his first year but has been hurt the last two but looks great now. 

You know how many GM's miss on a first round pick? A lot.

You know how many QB bust there have been high.? A lot

Zach Wilson is a bust and I hated the pick (I wanted a trade down). Woody stuck his fat face in there and was all about Zach Wilson and was telling JD they needed him becasue he drank the juice that said "Zach is just like Mahomes with all these arm angels. 

JD has been the GM for 3 drafts and has done not a great job but an excellent job. 

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Douglas is 20-46. He took Zach Wilson #2. His draft history outside of Quinnen Williams, Sauce Gardner and Garrett Williams is horrendous. All of those guys are top 10 picks.

Based on this ^ the guy's a total top feeder. Give the team a bit of success and get JD drafting in the 20+ range - they'll be minor league in two years.