Would you make the trade?

vegas492

Don't Be a Homer!  

49 members have voted

1. 1. If you thought you were a QB away from being a legit conference finalists or Super Bowl team, would you trade pick #13 in the NFL draft for a 39 year old quarterback? You know you will have him for one year for sure. 50% you get him for year two. 10% chance for year three.

• Yes, if I'm a QB away from having a realistic chance, that's better value than pick #13, because...lucky #13, amiright?
    • Nope. Ain't paying the price of the 13th overall pick for a QB who will play for one year.
    • @Vegas492 is an idiot, our mods are idiots, @Norm is an idiot, @Outpost31 is not an idiot, @Norm's mom's meatloaf sucks.....

On 3/24/2023 at 5:37 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Honestly if we’re talking guaranteed to get to the championship game or SB I don’t think 13 is near enough. Dirt cheap. 

Pick 13 is a crap shoot too. Probably 30% chances that pick busts too. AR is as sure a thing as they can get and no way Wilson is taking them there. An average QB might since that team is so close  

Sure, I'd be fine with the trade if it came with a guarantee of getting to the AFCC.  But that's the problem.  Despite the more generalized verbiage used in the poll, what we are actually talking about is the Jets getting one year of Aaron Rodgers in exchange for pick #13.  On top of that, those Rodgers led Jets would be competing in a conference that is stacked with legit SB contenders.  Yes, pick 13 is a crap shoot.  But landing a good player with that pick will be less of a crap shoot than expecting a Rodgers led Jets team to make the 2023 AFCC, let alone the SB. 

Seeing such a large segment of GB fans seemingly unable to understand why Jets fans don't want this deal is bizarre to me.  Jets fans OBVIOUSLY wouldn't want this deal. The Packers FO clearly wants to move on from Rodgers.  Having Rodgers on the 2023 roster gives GB all kinds of cap issues. No other team in the league is showing any interest. 

I completely understand that Gute's job is to maximize the return in any trade, but I am not seeing any reason for the Jets to even consider giving up pick #13 for a year of Rodgers.  If Gute lands pick #13 in a more or less straight-up deal, all criticism of Gute as a trade negotiator will need to stop.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

If Gute lands pick #13 in a more or less straight-up deal, all criticism of Gute as a trade negotiator will need to stop.

I'd be willing to swap AR for #13 and be done with it.

We get a good player and aren't tied to AR in any way, shape or form.

The Jets can sell more tickets to their fan base by FINALLY having someone decent at QB. That fan base can fantasize all they want about what glory awaits them. Couldnt care less.

One and done.

3 hours ago, Leader said:

One and done.

I stayed up until 5am and I feel half awake but if you're saying he will only play one year there, I agree, but I think most Jets fans lean this way too. At least it's a fear, which I'm sure is why they don't want to give up much.

I am obviously biased since I watch him all the time and most people know my take on AR, but there's no ******* way I am giving up 13, but I also don't think it's insanely out of line.

IDK anymore, AR fatigue is a real thing. But I keep checking every day a couple times to see if there's any news.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Norm said:

I stayed up until 5am and I feel half awake but if you're saying he will only play one year there, I agree, but I think most Jets fans lean this way too. At least it's a fear, which I'm sure is why they don't want to give up much.

I am obviously biased since I watch him all the time and most people know my take on AR, but there's no ******* way I am giving up 13, but I also don't think it's insanely out of line.

IDK anymore, AR fatigue is a real thing. But I keep checking every day a couple times to see if there's any news.

I dont think AR will only play one more year - or doesnt need to at least based on his current talent level. I think he could play for some time still in fact.
I think his greatest impediment is his heads not in the game (so to speak) and he's all caught up in things that dont matter to success on the field. I think he's gone competitively soft. 

I mention again - when Brady was traded to TPA (during the COVID shut down period) he got together with his WRs on local high school fields.  That took personal drive and conviction on Brady's part. Left to his own accord, ARs shown none of that in recent years. The drafting of Love is what got him off his *** IMO.

Plus, his taking an adversarial stance against the organization - on any number of superfluous matters - while failing to overcome adversity during the season/playoffs is the last straw for me. I'm done with him and want him gone.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think he’s worth more as a player to a different team than us. He will likely buy into something for a short time and play like 2-3 years ago (and then they’ll hope he or the team doesn’t choke in the playoffs).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Sure, I'd be fine with the trade if it came with a guarantee of getting to the AFCC.  But that's the problem.  Despite the more generalized verbiage used in the poll, what we are actually talking about is the Jets getting one year of Aaron Rodgers in exchange for pick #13.  On top of that, those Rodgers led Jets would be competing in a conference that is stacked with legit SB contenders.  Yes, pick 13 is a crap shoot.  But landing a good player with that pick will be less of a crap shoot than expecting a Rodgers led Jets team to make the 2023 AFCC, let alone the SB. 

Seeing such a large segment of GB fans seemingly unable to understand why Jets fans don't want this deal is bizarre to me.  Jets fans OBVIOUSLY wouldn't want this deal. The Packers FO clearly wants to move on from Rodgers.  Having Rodgers on the 2023 roster gives GB all kinds of cap issues. No other team in the league is showing any interest. 

I completely understand that Gute's job is to maximize the return in any trade, but I am not seeing any reason for the Jets to even consider giving up pick #13 for a year of Rodgers.  If Gute lands pick #13 in a more or less straight-up deal, all criticism of Gute as a trade negotiator will need to stop.

This is right, if the Rodgers they’re going to get is the Rodgers of last year and end of MM’s tenure. I’d expect a bump in his play for 1-2 years before the mental downsides of Rodgers come out with a new team. 

You are the Packers GM:

Packers have a OTA in May, and the Packers are still haggling with the Jets about Rodgers at that time and you still arent happy with what the Jets are offering.   You give Love his 5th year option and he tears his ACL at the OTA. You think he's back for 2024, but may miss most of TC in 2024  

Are you keeping Rodgers for 2023?

Are you trading him regardless?

Edited by NFLGURU

4 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I think he’s worth more as a player to a different team than us. He will likely buy into something for a short time and play like 2-3 years ago (and then they’ll hope he or the team doesn’t choke in the playoffs).

That is true and I would assume the GMs of the league understand he will play pissed and motivated, at least for a while.

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

You are the Packers GM:

Packers have a OTA in May, the Packers are still haggling with the Jets about Rodgers and still arent happy with what the Jets are offering.   You give Love his 5th year option and he tears his ACL at the OTA. You think he's back for 2024, but may miss most of TC in 2024  

Are you keeping Rodgers for 2023?

Are you trading him regardless?

Tom Delonge Wtf GIF

• Like 5

On 3/24/2023 at 5:37 PM, MantyWrestler said:

Honestly if we’re talking guaranteed to get to the championship game or SB I don’t think 13 is near enough. Dirt cheap. 

Pick 13 is a crap shoot too. Probably 30% chances that pick busts too. AR is as sure a thing as they can get and no way Wilson is taking them there. An average QB might since that team is so close  

I don't think we or any other team would get more than a #13 for a 40 year old QB who might only play one more season.

6 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

Nope.  Gute should have traded him for much more last year.  His previous failure shouldn't be missed or forgotten.

3 hours ago, Pugger said:

I don't think we or any other team would get more than a #13 for a 40 year old QB who might only play one more season.

So, you guys think that if the Rams could go back in time knowing they only get 1 good year from Staford but win the Super Bowl they would not make that trade?

On 3/24/2023 at 4:10 PM, Toddfather said:

Beers on Vegas! 

Here's the "sad" part.  I've got like 3 of these "found money" things going on right now.  All for about the same kind of money.

One is this dog bite.  One is my father's death, his cause of death was cancer due to using Round Up, been over 1.5 years and we still don't have our settlement from that thing (and my mother is going to get most of it).  The last is a referral fee for some business that I helped a colleague write.

What I really want to do with the cash is get a new basement ceiling put into my house, get a nice little bourbon bar with display case and get my 52 inch 47 pound musky replica mount for my wall.

But nothing has paid out yet.  Oh well.  At least the bedroom/bathroom remodeling project is coming along nicely.  The shower dude is really, really slow.  Richard Rodgers slow, not "deceptively fast" slow like Darnell Washington.  :)

Our bathroom used a "Schluter" system.  Saw it installed online in like 4 hours or so.  Took this guy 23 hours.  Now he's tiling.  In 10 hours of tiling, he got maybe a 5'th of the shower done on Friday.

• Like 1