Who will be picking first overall in 2024?

notthatbluestuff

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am fine with Love being awful in 2023 if it results in Caleb Williams being a Packer in 2024.

It's not like Love being awful is an outrageous scenario.

Depends who you ask, around these parts…

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazrimiv said:

I am fine with Love being awful in 2023 if it results in Caleb Williams being a Packer in 2024.

It's not like Love being awful is an outrageous scenario.

Your defense will still be too good, especially with your schedule. If you guys only win 1-3 games next year, it's a worst case scenario.

On 3/26/2023 at 11:54 AM, Dr A W Niloc said:

--don't have free agencies anywhere near as spectacular as Chicago's.

In the parity era you cannot add seven top 32 players and four top 64 draft picks without rising dramatically from DFL.  Nope, not even with the Bears' mediocre coaching staff.

The problem with Chicago is that they have a competent GM for the first time in forever.

Yes, they will lose masses in FA and will get a smattering of 2024 mid round picks in compensation. Yes, they will be playing kids with no business seeing regular snaps. I still don't see them losing 15 games.

1 minute ago, onejayhawk said:

The problem with Chicago is that they have a competent GM for the first time in forever.

Yes, they will lose masses in FA and will get a smattering of 2024 mid round picks in compensation. Yes, they will be playing kids with no business seeing regular snaps. I still don't see them losing 15 games.

Agreed. I still think it's Arizona.

13 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I’d be surprised if it isn’t Arizona honestly. Their roster sucks and will just get uglier once Nuk gets traded. 

Just absolutely terrible roster. Rookie head coach. AND their starting QB is likely out for the season. Not a good mix here.

4 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Ryan's mediocre 2022 draft didn't prepare us for this free agency bonanza but, hey, it was his first.  If he is half as successful in the 2023 draft as he has been so far Chicago will be top 16 on paper.  Caveats?  The bottleneck will be unfamiliarity, with 11+ players--half their starters!--never having played a down together.  The jury's still out on Matt Eberflus.  QB remains an issue.  First in cap space with $38.5M, if Poles can free up one or two more slots with top end free agents he could select one of the Tier II rookie passers.

While the sky's the limit, this could easily put the 2023 Bears in wild card range.  At worst, the NFC-North will have become one of the most interesting divisions in football.

Edited by Dr A W Niloc

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I can kind of see it but they just have so much talent at WR and on defense, as long as Baker doesn't completely crap the bed they should be okay.

I think you’re truly underestimating how atrocious Bowles is. I also think their talent is much worse than it was 3 years ago.