Eagles’ RT Lane Johnson gets 1 year $33.4M extension

Ty21

45 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

So now every great pass rushers is in the AFC? Really? Why doesn't that also apply to Trent then?? Who in the NFCW is better then Micha Parsons? I'll wait........

Your point is asinine. I gave you a list of ALL of the OLB/DE the who's who of pass rushers he's faced the last 4 years. Not one had thier way with him other the RK.

On one leg just this year alone he shut down Parsons,Thibs x2, Jordan, Bosa and Jones whenever they attempted to try him.

Not a single Ram has had success,  including Von. Puff Puff GIVE Rammy, give!!! 😎

Hmmm hello the best player in defense this era lies where? I simply said it’s easier being a dominant RT than a LT. That is my basis of the argument. Rest I care less. A teams best pass rusher generally lines up LE. It’s been the case thru out history… It don’t matter as by his own admission he shouldn’t be in the HOF. Fair or not it’s what said. Even though I’ll admit without knowing! Over half the guys could be on juice. Just rarely hear about it so there’s that. 

18 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

Everyone here knows Lane himself has said he doesn't deserve the hall because of his early PED issue, right? So this convo is kinda moot.

Which is just what I said lol. We are arguing to argue. Till the cows come home. 

14 hours ago, El Ramster said:

He never goes up against Nick or TJ watt. That’s a baseless claim. The Cowboys guy rushes from LE. talking about guys he sees once every 4 years foh. You named 3 guys. And he doesn’t even go against them 2 a year besides Micah and im not even sure he’s a RE rusher exclusively 

Nothing about what you just said is true. Do better.

10 hours ago, BlaqOptic said:

Everyone here knows Lane himself has said he doesn't deserve the hall because of his early PED issue, right? So this convo is kinda moot.

The HOF is littered with players who were either juicing or the assumption is out there as well that they were. Him saying that act of contrition is just that, nothing more.

Hell your Steelers Dynasty included. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/050823

Wouldn't stop him in the slightest getting in IMO if he dominated the next few seasons as well.

10 hours ago, El Ramster said:

Which is just what I said lol. We are arguing to argue. Till the cows come home. 

No you are arguing Lane isn't even that good, doesn’t face the elite of the elite which is patently false.

Edited by Nabbs4u

56 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

The HOF is littered with players who were either juicing or the assumption is out there as well that they were. Him saying that act of contrition is just that, nothing more.

Hell your Steelers Dynasty included. 

http://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/050823

Wouldn't stop him in the slightest getting in IMO if he dominated the next few seasons as well.

No you are arguing Lane isn't even that good, doesn’t face the elite of the elite which is patently false.

Once every 4 years love. You act like he’s going up against Bosa, Miller and TJ watt every week. 

19 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Once every 4 years love. You act like he’s going up against Bosa, Miller and TJ watt every week. 

What player is there Cupcake? Sure as hell isn't Trent Williams either which is kinda the point?

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 3/24/2023 at 12:00 PM, El Ramster said:

HOF???

never in my life would I think he’s a HOF. There hasn’t been anything dominant about him. Only T worth being in the HOF this era is Trent Williams. 

What do you mean? What RT has been better from 2015 onwards? He's been the BEST for a ridiculous amount of time. 

However, he's been snubbed from both Pro Bowl and All-Pro several times, which could hamper his HOF chances. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

What do you mean? What RT has been better from 2015 onwards? He's been the BEST for a ridiculous amount of time. 

However, he's been snubbed from both Pro Bowl and All-Pro several times, which could hamper his HOF chances. 

I would have to go back and look, but who the heck could have been an All Pro over him, he is the best RT in the league,  and its not even close.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

I would have to go back and look, but who the heck could have been an All Pro over him, he is the best RT in the league,  and its not even close.

2 years ago 2021 during the Brady post SB playoff run trying to go B2B, Tristan Wirfs as a Rookie got all the publicity and media hype I do remember that.

Mind you , Lane never gave up a sack that season either and I think gave up 1 pressure? But the Eagles sucked, got destroyed by TB in the WC. Lane was snubbed! 

Lane Johnson has 2 All Pro, no other RT since he entered the NFL has more in that time frame. In fact only 3 LT during that same time span have a total of 2 All Pro as well. Peters, Smith and Williams!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Let's not get too overzelous here. He was definitely not the consensus top RT as far back as 2015. 2016 and 2020 he was injured. 2017 through 2019 he was trading with Schwartz. Since 2020 he's been trading with Wirfs. Conklin has been less consistent but he had a few years up there as well. Ryan Ramczyk peaked pretty high. Johnson's been up there in contention for about 5 seasons. But you make it sound like he's been the inarguable best for 8 years, and that's just not the case.

6 hours ago, downundermike said:

Some of it is RTs being less appreciated than LTs. Prior to I think like 2016, the AP All-Pro team didn't distinguish between LTs and RTs, so before then it was common to only have LTs on the all-pro team. Since then, it's basically been a mix of Schwartz, Wirfs, Ramczyk, and Conklin. And typically deservedly so. Other players have had great years as well.