Animals are wild

adamq

I was watching this animal video on YouTube a few weeks ago and it was totally crazy, showing something I didn’t know an animal even did. I don’t remember what it was though. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 7:55 AM, Ty21 said:

I was watching this animal video on YouTube a few weeks ago and it was totally crazy, showing something I didn’t know an animal even did. I don’t remember what it was though. 

Animals poop too, dude.

https://www.thebrighterside.news/amp/8-year-old-boy-disrupts-100-years-of-scientific-knowledge-regarding-insects-and-plants

The team was investigating ants' attraction to oak galls when they discovered an elaborate relationship between ants, wasps, and oak trees. The researchers found that oak gall wasps are manipulating oaks to produce galls and then manipulating ants to retrieve the galls to their nests, where the wasp larvae may be protected from gall predators or receive other benefits. The discovery is so mind-blowing that it has made it almost hard to wrap one's mind around it.

• 1 month later...
On 3/30/2023 at 12:30 PM, Heimdallr said:

1q44y8s.jpg

I took this picture in the Serengeti a few weeks ago

Aw, I love Cheetahs. They're so finesse, and it's said the vertical lines falling from their eyes are tear drops since they're not a strong as other big cats. Don't quote me on that, though! I heard it on the animal channel years ago!

On 3/30/2023 at 9:23 PM, ET80 said:

This one was pretty viral for a while. I actually think a member here shared this with me...

From "I need to wash my car..." to "IMMA SHOOT THAT F***ER!" in about 15 seconds. Bobcat chose violence, gotta keep one in the chamber for moments like these.

Props to that guy grabbing a wild bobcat to protect his wife. Those things are tough. Throwing it 5-10 yards and screaming like an ape certainly made that cat think twice!

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

Aw, I love Cheetahs. They're so finesse, and it's said the vertical lines falling from their eyes are tear drops since they're not a strong as other big cats. Don't quote me on that, though! I heard it on the animal channel years ago!

I thought it was interesting that the black "tears" are actually for the same purpose as eyeblack for athletes - it helps them see better in the sun. 

• Like 3

Gonna put this in spoiler mode - this could be a trigger for some, but it’s a reminder that nature can be brutal (and crocodiles aren’t to be trifled with):

Spoiler

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/19/2023 at 7:37 PM, adamq said:

This is just the beginning.

Reminder that Orca's are basically just Dolphins with teeth.  lol.

Smart creatures and good for them organizing like that.  Better than a lot of humans at that.  lol.

• Like 1