Desmond Ridder and the Atlanta Offense

incognito_man

2023 Falcons offensive DVOA Rank  

65 members have voted

1. 1. 2023 Falcons offensive DVOA Rank

Just now, scar988 said:

Falcons coaches have shown literally no interest in switching to Heinicke. LOL. Just like they showed no interest in trading for Lamar (who was never available anyway). Just like they never showed interest in trading up in the draft for a QB. They like Ridder. They believe in him. Just because some schmucks on a forum or on twitter or in media think they should make a change, doesn't mean they will make a change. 

Ridder just doesn't appear to have it my dude. And its not like he has nothing around him because your offense is absolutely loaded. Do you know how bad you have to be to throw 3 interceptions against our defense? Justin Fields had like 4 TD passes in the first half in our game against the Bears. 

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Ridder just doesn't appear to have it my dude. And its not like he has nothing around him because your offense is absolutely loaded. Do you know how bad you have to be to throw 3 interceptions against our defense? Justin Fields had like 4 TD passes in the first half in our game against the Bears. 

That's fine, but completely ignores what I posted and talks about something other than what I was saying. Thanks for playing.

And FWIW, Washington's defense should be playing good. You guys have so much talent on the DL that you shouldn't be allowing Fields to throw for 4 TDs on you. You weren't blowing coverages vs the Falcons like you were vs Chicago.

Edited by scar988

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

Scar, your ability to produce quality posts has aged like milk.

Ridder is bad bro. I wanted him to be a thing too…but he’s bad. I think you’re the only person still hanging onto this. 

Maybe the only one on this forum. But not the only one. Because the coaching staff isn't switching off him any time soon. 

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Falcons coaches have shown literally no interest in switching to Heinicke. LOL. Just like they showed no interest in trading for Lamar (who was never available anyway). Just like they never showed interest in trading up in the draft for a QB. They like Ridder. They believe in him. Just because some schmucks on a forum or on twitter or in media think they should make a change, doesn't mean they will make a change. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cardinals-faith-in-josh-rosen-hasnt-been-shaken

You post stuff like this as if the rest of us aren't also NFL fans who have been through all of this stuff before.

Every team believes in their young underperforming QB until suddenly they don't and it's the right time to admit defeat and cut ties or send them to the bench. You have to have dramatically incompetent team leadership to say that you don't believe in that QB publicly.

We don't even have to go far to find another example of this.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-coach-arthur-smith-plans-to-stick-with-marcus-mariota-at-quarterback

Us not believing in him doesn't mean they will make a change. But them saying they believe in him sure as hell doesn't mean they won't, either.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, scar988 said:

That's fine, but completely ignores what I posted and talks about something other than what I was saying. Thanks for playing.

And FWIW, Washington's defense should be playing good. You guys have so much talent on the DL that you shouldn't be allowing Fields to throw for 4 TDs on you. You weren't blowing coverages vs the Falcons like you were vs Chicago.

I already answered that prior. Nobody is hitching their wagons to what Ridder is producing right now. Do you think Arthur Smith is just going to keep playing him and get himself fired? Or do you think he'll switch to Heinicke, probably win your division with him and then still get the opportunity to move up for someone like Penix Jr?

1 minute ago, Jakuvious said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/cardinals-faith-in-josh-rosen-hasnt-been-shaken

You post stuff like this as if the rest of us aren't also NFL fans who have been through all of this stuff before.

Every team believes in their young underperforming QB until suddenly they don't and it's the right time to admit defeat and cut ties or send them to the bench. You have to have dramatically incompetent team leadership to say that you don't believe in that QB publicly.

We don't even have to go far to find another example of this.

https://www.nfl.com/news/falcons-coach-arthur-smith-plans-to-stick-with-marcus-mariota-at-quarterback

Us not believing in him doesn't mean they will make a change. But them saying they believe in him sure as hell doesn't mean they won't, either.

Unlike Rosen (Where the change was made in the offseason) or Mariota (where he had a rookie QB waiting in the wings, and Smith was still stubborn and waited 13 weeks to make a change), Ridder actually had shown flashes. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

I already answered that prior. Nobody is hitching their wagons to what Ridder is producing right now. Do you think Arthur Smith is just going to keep playing him and get himself fired? Or do you think he'll switch to Heinicke, probably win your division with him and then still get the opportunity to move up for someone like Penix Jr?

Switching to Heinicke won't win the division. He might be a folk hero to the Commie fans, but he's objectively a bad quarterback who shouldn't be starting in the NFL. He doesn't help this team win games. 

And Smith isn't getting fired this year regardless.

29 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I feel bad for Scar...this must've been what I was like during the Haskins short era lol. Sometimes you just have to know when it's over. 

In fairness, Haskins had back-to-back games at the end of his rookie year that (thus far) Ridder could only dream of. That’s what kept us hooked throughout that next offseason. 

And what made us miss on Herbert/Tua, which is the downside of getting hooked to a QB who probably isn’t The Guy™️.

6 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Unlike Rosen (Where the change was made in the offseason) or Mariota (where he had a rookie QB waiting in the wings, and Smith was still stubborn and waited 13 weeks to make a change), Ridder actually had shown flashes. 

A lot of real bad QBs have shown flashes, man. By all means, you do you and keep holding out hope. We've just all seen this dozens of times. Every year a fanbase convinces themselves that their quietly crappy QB will figure it out because they're young and there isn't much talent around them and they show flashes and there's that one great game winning drive they led that probably didn't need to be a game winning drive had they just played better in the first place. This year it's Desmond Ridder and Jordan Love. Before that it's been Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett and Sam Darnold and Daniel Jones and Drew Lock and Mitchell Trubisky and for like a decade it's been Derek Carr. While we've watched actual great QBs just look like great QBs immediately except for Josh Allen who defies most components of QB evaluation and should not be the basis for projection for anyone else.

Odds are, this is just who he is.

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

In fairness, Haskins had back-to-back games at the end of his rookie year that (thus far) Ridder could only dream of. That’s what kept us hooked throughout that next offseason. 

And what made us miss on Herbert/Tua, which is the downside of getting hooked to a QB who probably isn’t The Guy™️.

You mean the games where Haskins threw for 260 yards and 2 TDs and 135 yards and 1 TD? Ridder has had better games than that this year.