Desmond Ridder and the Atlanta Offense

incognito_man

2023 Falcons offensive DVOA Rank  

65 members have voted

1. 1. 2023 Falcons offensive DVOA Rank

I was hopeful we'd catch a miracle in a bottle since the football gods owe us but Ridder ain't it.  Now they either need to roll with Hienikie( not looking up proper spelling) or tank with Ridder. But the wrong decision that they will probably make is keep ridder until they are like 2-6 and then make the change to end up like 7-10 and take us out of reach for QBs.

Just now, Tank4Drake said:

Just because you don’t think he’s a bum doesn’t mean he’s not a bum

I watched every game he played in college. If Kyle Pitts isn't performing for your team, your team has (1) a terrible QB or (2) a terrible scheme (or both). He's not a flawless player, but the guy is big, fast, and has vacuums for hands. Put him in an offense with a good QB and an offensive mind who understands how to scheme around him, and I'm confident he'd be produce. I don't know if he's giving poor effort for the Falcons, but if that's the case, I imagine it's quite frustrating to be in an offense that doesn't use your talents and playing with an erratic QB. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but he wouldn't be the first guy to get fed up and mail it in. I'd happily take him on the Rams.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I watched every game he played in college. If Kyle Pitts isn't performing for your team, your team has (1) a terrible QB or (2) a terrible scheme (or both). He's not a flawless player, but the guy is big, fast, and has vacuums for hands. Put him in an offense with a good QB and an offensive mind who understands how to scheme around him, and I'm confident he'd be produce. I don't know if he's giving poor effort for the Falcons, but if that's the case, I imagine it's quite frustrating to be in an offense that doesn't use your talents and playing with an erratic QB. That doesn't excuse the behavior, but he wouldn't be the first guy to get fed up and mail it in. I'd happily take him on the Rams.

I blame Arthur Smith at this point. He’s running concepts that put two receivers into the same area. It’s not making any sense. He’s holding back the offense right now. 

and Ridder hasn’t been lights out. He’s been objectively bad. But he’s also still essentially a rookie. They need to simplify everything like they did for Marcus last year. They also need to stop running these ridiculous personnel groupings that take half of the Pitts, London, Robinson, Allgeier group off the field every play. Until further notice, those guys should be getting 90% of the plays every game. 

Edited by scar988
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

@scar988 I tried to tell you dog. 

Ridder aint it. He aint got it. 

Yall need to try to tank for Shadur. He's a real NFL QB. I know you were hopeful, but Ridder isn't a competitive NFL QB. He doesn't have the downfield arm talent. 

Tanking for Sanders is a 2024 regular season event.

He ain't going nowhere this year.  He'll stay at Colorado with his dad and brother and try to build them into an actual competitive team.

Between Williams, Maye, Pennix, Nix, and maybe Travis and Ewers, it's a loaded QB class too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

@scar988 I tried to tell you dog. 

Ridder aint it. He aint got it. 

Yall need to try to tank for Shadur. He's a real NFL QB. I know you were hopeful, but Ridder isn't a competitive NFL QB. He doesn't have the downfield arm talent. 

Based on 8 games? Yeah, I’ll be patient. Because QBs actually take time and energy to develop when they arent first round guys. Outside of like Russell Wilson and Dak, the Kirk Cousins and Geno Smith types take longer to really get their game together. 

3 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Based on 8 games? Yeah, I’ll be patient. Because QBs actually take time and energy to develop when they arent first round guys. Outside of like Russell Wilson and Dak, the Kirk Cousins and Geno Smith types take longer to really get their game together. 

Cousins played pretty well soon after he was given the starting job. Smith is an outlier, and we still don't know how for real he is.

Sure, totally possible that Ridder turns it around and plays well... but I just don't see it with him at all.