Ravens sign OBJ 1 yr 18M

Ty21

25 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

No Ravens WR has ever been voted to a Pro Bowl. But, we've had Pro Bowlers before: Anquan Boldin, Mike Wallace, Steve Smith, etc.

OBJ fits in line with those players as well. Former PB WR finishing out the twighlight of thier careers as a Raven.

He's not worth 18M given his injury history and production the past few years but if "healthy" would be hands down the best WR option Lamar has ever had to throw to as a Raven.

If signing OBJ, means getting Lamar back into the fold,  well worth the 15-18M.

• Like 2

What I posted in the Ravens forum:

I still strongly believe Lamar is playing this season on the tag, and I don’t think signing OBJ for 1 season is changing his mindset on that.

What I do think it could do, however - which is going to be very important with a new offense under Monken - is make it much more likely that Lamar reports at the start of TC, which could be worth the overpay in and of itself.

The Ravens can’t afford a half-hearted Lamar who doesn’t start practicing the new offense until late August if they want to be better than what they’ve been the past few seasons. This is a step towards remedying that imo

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Malik said:

He's the 1st WR the Ravens have had that has made the Pro Bowl I believe

Duvernay and Jermaine Lewis are Ravens WRs who made the Pro Bowl but as a returner. 

Surprising that Derrick Mason didn't get a PB nod. 

Michael Jackson in 1996 was a clear PB snub. 14 TDs and 1200 yards. 

SF should offer Jackson, a 1 year $34M contract, all guaranteed with stipulation that Jackson cannot be tagged of any kind after the one year contract.  They could add void years as needed to bring the signing bonus down and spread over 4-5 years. 

Balt could take 2024 & 2025 1st rounders or do an alternate trade with Lance included 

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

SF should offer Jackson, a 1 year $34M contract, all guaranteed with stipulation that Jackson cannot be tagged of any kind after the one year contract.  They could add void years as needed to bring the signing bonus down and spread over 4-5 years. 

Balt could take 2024 & 2025 1st rounders or do an alternate trade with Lance included 

No. No SF should not. In our experience, it often takes a year for QBs to adjust to Kyle's O--which is one reason Purdy was such a shocker!