Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

13 hours ago, StevenK said:

That field has claimed so many! Don’t want to talk about it, but we all know…😬

And yet they say there is nothing to that...supposedly, the "statistics" do not bear that out. But we do know for ourselves...absolutely hate that field. All fields should be grass, imo. It's what football started on and should never have been altered. 😤

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GW21 said:

Sucks for the Jets. That could be it for Rodgers at his age. Hopefully this makes the NFL get their heads out of their butts regarding this turf business.

https://x.com/RapSheet/status/1701438854559879446?s=20

I went to bed early, didn't watch the game, damn, didn't see the Rodgers injury till I logged into Twitter, OUCH, the way his leg/foot bended, OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, wish nothing but the best to him, and Saleh who has a good team, but they won't win the SB without Rodgers at QB, do they go after Brady now?

Jets have 4 more primetime games....Oct 1 SNF vs Chiefs, Nov 6 MNF vs Chargers, Nov 12 SNF vs Raiders, Nov 24 Black Friday vs Dolphins, Dec 28 TNF vs Browns

Nov 12 SNF vs Raiders is gona get flexed for sure, but that's 4 more primetime games...yeesh

As for what they should do at QB. If they're going with Wilson, i'd probably sign Flacco or McCoy as a backup. If they want someone who can start, trading for Jameis Winston or signing Carson Wentz is the best option. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I don't think Collins has been right for like 3 years now, tbh. Not sure what happened. If it was just injuries or what

He torn his ACL late last year so he's probably not fully recovered one would assume.

Think he's owed over 10 mil this season also so releasing him might have saved them some cap.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JIllg said:

This Philadelphia offense just doesn’t look quite right.

They have a new OC

Also, they were really good in 2022 & won the SB in 2017 with a different team/coaching staff, but were pretty average from 2018-2021, so maybe it was just a good year? 

Eagles will definitively be a good team, but maybe they're closer to a 10-7/11-6 team instead of a 13-4/14-3 team

Edited by 49ersfan