Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

We can never have anything nice! Kyle could do the same thing he did with McDaniel and just make him the OC. 

That's not been a legit source in the past. Don't start worrying about griese until you hear that from one of the big guys

• Like 2

Longest tenured coaches
1. Mike Tomlin - 2007
2. John Harbaugh - 2008
3. Andy Reid - 2013
4. Sean McDermott - 2017
5. Sean McVay - 2017
6. Kyle Shanahan - 2017
7. Matt La Fleur - 2019
8. Zac Taylor - 2019
9. Mike McCarthy - 2020
10. Kevin Stefanski - 2020

3 coaches remaining from 2017 is pretty extraordinary... considering only 5 coaches got hired that year. Shanahan was the last to be hired of that group. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

I'm not too worried about losing coaches. Shanny is great at replacing them. 

I am worried about losing Peters. Unfortunately, it seems like he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Peters had an informal meeting with the Commanders brass before our game against them 

Barrows did an article today on potentially replacing Peters. Besides internal candidates like Tariq Ahmed or RJ Gillan, he's also suggested Marin Mayhew or Tom Telesco. Mayhew worked here before & Lynch has a good relationship with Telesco 

Edited by 49ersfan
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Don't go Adam! Don't go!

PROMOTE THE GUY NOW.

🤨

The problem with that line of thinking is that Peters is interviewing for Lynch's position in Washington, not GM. If we promoted him, he'd only be the GM, not the President of Football Ops like he'd be in Washington. 

Promoting him would give him more money, sure, but he'd always be the second fiddle in SF until Lynch decides to go back to broadcasting. 

Peters could have Lynch's job RIGHT NOW in Washington. 

• Like 2

Just now, NinerNation21 said:

The problem with that line of thinking is that Peters is interviewing for Lynch's position in Washington, not GM. If we promoted him, he'd only be the GM, not the President of Football Ops like he'd be in Washington. 

Promoting him would give him more money, sure, but he'd always be the second fiddle in SF until Lynch decides to go back to broadcasting. 

Peters could have Lynch's job RIGHT NOW in Washington. 

Semantics!

🙁

1 minute ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Semantics!

🙁

LOL to us maybe. To Peters, it's a career-making decision. 

I hope Lynch is really thinking about his future right now and being transparent with Peters. I fear losing Peters more than anyone else. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I'm not too worried about losing coaches. Shanny is great at replacing them. 

I am worried about losing Peters. Unfortunately, it seems like he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised if Peters had an informal meeting with the Commanders brass before our game against them 

Barrows did an article today on potentially replacing Peters. Besides internal candidates like Tariq Ahmed or RJ Gillan, he's also suggested Marin Mayhew or Tom Telesco. Mayhew worked here before & Lynch has a good relationship with Telesco 

Mayhew isn’t going to be fired. Him and Peters would be working together. I think a lot of ppl including myself were (initially) misinterpreting what he was being interviewed for. Peters would be President ala Lynch and Mayhew would stay GM with the Commanders. That’s why everyone thinks he’s gone. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StevenK said:

We can never have anything nice! Kyle could do the same thing he did with McDaniel and just make him the OC. 

I think Greise fails as an OC elsewhere. Seems like the right guy to be a QB coach and nothing else. If he wants to be the OC, I wish him the best elsewhere, but personally, I think it would be a mistake to make him the OC here or elsewhere. 

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

I think Greise fails as an OC elsewhere. Seems like the right guy to be a QB coach and nothing else. If he wants to be the OC, I wish him the best elsewhere, but personally, I think it would be a mistake to make him the OC here or elsewhere. 

I agree and especially after one year only.