Mad or Happy? - Draft Scenarios

dll2000

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Probably won’t be for the 2nd rounder most would want, but 17+49 is pretty equal to #9

Seems like the area of the draft we most want to be in. But would they also be moving up for a Tackle? How does that impact the willingness to drop?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Probably won’t be for the 2nd rounder most would want, but 17+49 is pretty equal to #9

Seems like the area of the draft we most want to be in. But would they also be moving up for a Tackle? How does that impact the willingness to drop?

Well you aren't likely getting Paris at 17.

But you could possibly get Jones, Wright, Harrison or Dawand Jones (they did a 30 visit with Dawand which surprised everyone because they think Poles won't take the big guys).

Never know too.   Poles may be thinking he can pull a rabbit out of his hat at OT again in 2nd or lower.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Draft head fake or real interest?

You have to check him out. 

After looking over all the OTs again, I think we may have written off Anton Harrison too quickly as well. Guy is likely a LT in the league, but with this scheme, you can play those types at RT as well. (Also let’s not just give Braxton the LT spot) But AH has the demeanor and want to run block, but needs to refine and get functionally stronger to be a complete Tackle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

When the Bears got Fields, they traded  4 picks, two in 2021 (1st and 4th) and two in 2022 (1st and 4th), and that was 20 to 11

If the Bears can get that out of Pittsburgh I'd be thrilled

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

When the Bears got Fields, they traded  4 picks, two in 2021 (1st and 4th) and two in 2022 (1st and 4th), and that was 20 to 11

That would be great, but you often pay a bit of a premium when it’s moving up for a QB. Can’t imagine the Steelers would be looking for that. 

If we could grab 17+49+’24 Pick (a 4th or 5th) that would be a great haul. Especially if we can still grab Wright (or maaaabe even Jones)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Draft head fake or real interest?

He’s really athletic for his size and the size measurable are absurdly tantalizing. Hypothetically, can he get down to and stay at like 330 lbs where he probably becomes even more athletic? Worth a look see at minimum. Have your body composition guys take a look and see what they think they can do with that, and gauge his willingness to do those things. Worst case - he’s ruled out as an option. That’s what these visits are for anyway. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 9:55 AM, dll2000 said:

I am just going to assume everyone wants to trade down.  

'Trade down' is like the generic candidate for your preferred political party.  Everybody likes him or her because they can imagine the best case scenario and a candidate aligning with all their wishes and views.

But here is question does the following scenario make you happy or mad?   

We will do a scale:   1 - 10.   1 being super mad.  10 being super happy.  5 being neutral.   

You can give whys under your answer for nuance if you like.   

1. Bears draft Will Anderson, Jr at 9?

2.  Bears draft Jalen Carter at 9?

3. Bears draft Tyree Wilson at 9?

4. Bears draft Paris Johnson at 9? - He is first OL taken.

5. Bears draft Paris Johnson at 9? - Jalen Carter is still on board.

6. Bears draft Paris Johnson at 9? - Carter is gone, but Tyree Wilson is still on board.

7. Bears draft Peter Skoronski at 9? - He is first OL taken.

8. Bears draft Devon Witherspoon at 9?

9. Bears draft Christian Gonzalez at 9?

10. Bears draft Jaxon Smith-Njigba at 9?

11. Bears draft Calijah Kancey at 9?

12. Bears draft Lukas Van Ness at 9?

13. Bears draft Darnell Wright at 9?

14. Bears draft Broderick Jones at 9?

15. Bears draft Bijan Robinson at 9?

16. Bears draft Quentin Johnston at 9?

17. Bears draft anyone not named above?

Myles Murphy would be a 7, no one else above 5. Most 2-4. 

Grades above 

• Like 1

So the general consensus is we don't want CB or WR.

We are split on Jalen Carter.

We want one of top 3 OTs or one of top 2 Edges.  

We don't want anyone else at 9.

That about right of it?

I think if we polled knowledgeable Bears fans for the 9th choice without Anderson in it, Paris would win the majority choice for 9.

You agree?   

I personally don't have enough info on Tyree and Jalen to make an informed choice.  I am fine with Paris at 9. 

Just checked Goldfish consensus mock draft.   They have us selecting Paris.

That is actually most realistic mock draft I have seen overall.   At least in my opinion.  All the picks make sense thus far for their teams.

18 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

For a drop off like that, then Chicago shouldn't settle for anything less than a first round pick, or the pick they traded for Claypool.  Other than that it's not worth it.  Stay pat and get their pick of the best linemen available. 

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Just checked Goldfish consensus mock draft.   They have us selecting Paris.

That is actually most realistic mock draft I have seen overall.   At least in my opinion.  All the picks make sense thus far for their teams.

Realistic compared to fan evaluations/expectations, but come draft day all bets will be off and like usual, there will be some boneheaded moves, and some good moves that we don't understand yet.