ESPN ranks the 10 best college QBs next season

MikeT14

Also receiving votes: Will Rogers, Mississippi State (14), KJ Jefferson, Arkansas (11), Frank Harris, UTSA (8), Michael Pratt, Tulane (8), Spencer Rattler, South Carolina (4), Cade Klubnik, Clemson (3), Devin Leary, Kentucky (3), Brennan Armstrong, NC State (2), Joe Milton III, Tennessee (2), Austin Reed, Western Kentucky (1), Dillion Gabriel, Oklahoma (1), Kurtis Rourke, Ohio (1), Spencer Sanders, Ole Miss (1).

I didn't even see this portion.   Really crazy Ewers didn't even receive a vote, especially amongst some of those names.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

How does Cade Klubnik receive 3 votes but Ewers none? 

A little surprised Milton didn’t sneak into the 10 spot given the offense and his Orange Bowl performance. 

He played one+ game when all those other guys played a substantial more. I think your fandom is getting in the way of your thought process

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 3:30 PM, MikeT14 said:

8. J.J. McCarthy, Michigan

Upcoming year: Junior
2022 stats: 2,719 passing yards, 22 passing touchdowns, 5 interceptions, 306 rushing yards, 5 rushing touchdowns, 79.1 QBR.

Before last season, the knock against Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh carried a bit of irony: He hadn't found a true difference-maker at quarterback, the position where he starred for the Wolverines. McCarthy arrived with fanfare, as ESPN's No. 25 overall recruit in the 2021 class. Although Michigan returned a starter at quarterback (Cade McNamara) from its first CFP team -- and McCarthy had missed much of the offseason with a shoulder injury -- Harbaugh looked toward the future entering last season. After McCarthy delivered a near-perfect performance in his first career start, albeit against Hawai'i, the QB1 title became his own. He operated a mostly safe passing game with precision, eclipsing 69% completions in each of his first six starts.

If Harbaugh is worth his salt as a coach, McCarthy should be his first 1st round pick since Luck. He has all of the tools, he maneuvers really well in the pocket, he is accurate and makes really smart football decisions and is a threat running the ball. Its all there

Edited by MSURacerDT55

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Danger said:

How likely do you guys think it is that Jalen Milroe is still the starting QB for Bama a year from now? Ty Simpson is right there and much more high profile. Could definitely see him potentially Tua'ing him.

Is Milroe the for sure starter this year?

8 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Is Milroe the for sure starter this year?

He would appear to be the odds on favorite from what I can tell, but that might just be due to seniority. I imagine they already had their spring game, was he going with the 1s then?

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

He would appear to be the odds on favorite from what I can tell, but that might just be due to seniority. I imagine they already had their spring game, was he going with the 1s then?

Not entirely sure. I'm sure @thrILL! would have some insight there but I know Tyler Buchner transferred from Notre Dame to follow Tommy Rees. 

10 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not entirely sure. I'm sure @thrILL! would have some insight there but I know Tyler Buchner transferred from Notre Dame to follow Tommy Rees. 

Buchner has been seen by fans as QB3 since the portal and I don’t think that’s changed very much.   Ty Simpson has been a part of this offense for 2 seasons.  A lot of Bama fans want him to be the guy but he’s not quite there yet imo. Barring some leaps this summer, Buchner is playing catch-up vying for QB2 with Ty. Both could see reps week 1 vs MTSU. 

Milroe is too dynamic not to start. As long as he can avoid turnovers, he could have a big year. Our running game is going to dictate how this offense goes and we’ve got a great group of backs to help him out. Just how hungry this OL is will set the tone for the season. 

Edited by thrILL!
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Buchner has been seen by fans as QB3 since the portal and I don’t think that’s changed very much.   Ty Simpson has been a part of this offense for 2 seasons.  A lot of Bama fans want him to be the guy but he’s not quite there yet imo. Barring some leaps this summer, Buchner is playing catch-up vying for QB2 with Ty. Both could see reps week 1 vs MTSU. 

Milroe is too dynamic not to start. As long as he can avoid turnovers, he could have a big year. Our running game is going to dictate how this offense goes and we’ve got a great group of backs to help him out. Just how hungry this OL is will set the tone for the season. 

I thought Simpson was 2022 class guy. So hasn't it only been 1 year?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mse326 said:

I thought Simpson was 2022 class guy. So hasn't it only been 1 year?

He was an EE last year iirc and it’s almost June now so he’s been involved for more than 1 full season if not quite 2.  Yes this is technically his 2nd season, it was just easier to say 2 than explain all of this lol. 

• Like 2

"Quinn Ewers was among the worst quarterbacks in the country throwing the ball downfield, per Thecomeback.com, completing just 22.7 percent of his throws beyond the line of scrimmage."

Just read this. Is this right????

On 5/29/2023 at 8:45 AM, Danger said:

"Quinn Ewers was among the worst quarterbacks in the country throwing the ball downfield, per Thecomeback.com, completing just 22.7 percent of his throws beyond the line of scrimmage."

Just read this. Is this right????

Where did you read it?  That's pretty absurd, if true.