2023 NBA Playoffs: (2) Memphis Grizzlies vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The west is such a bloodbath, like I feel any of the 8 teams can all compete with each other. And no disrespect to the Knicks (who could actually beat the Cavs...) but the 8 teams in the west and the Top 4 teams in the East are the 12 best teams in Basketball in no order imo. I even really like Minnesota, they are scrappy and can have a good game with anyone at any time. I hope they can pull off an upset over Denver. I think they will take Denver to 6 and give them some issues. 

Boston and Milwaukee are the two best teams in the NBA right now.  Sixers and Nuggets are on that next level, but beyond that the next 5-6 teams in the West and the Cavaliers are in that next tier.  All it's going to take is for the Bucks/C's to knock each other out, and some good basketball for that series for the WC team to win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Agreed. Grizz win G2 in a less-close game and also win the series in 7 games. Grizz still need major changes though. I think the Nuggets, Suns, and Warriors would definitely beat the Grizz in a Best of 7, no question. 

Given Memphis' struggle in road games this year, G2 is a must-win for the Grizz.  I have a hard time seeing them win 3 road games.

6 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Can only assume Jas hand is pretty banged up considering he didn’t check back into the game. 

Honestly, I'm hoping he's somewhat seriously injured. It's really the only way they'll ban the charge. Players undercutting guys in the air is far more dangerous than someone intruding a shooter's space, yet that's emphasized and the charge isn't. 

11 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Honestly, I'm hoping he's somewhat seriously injured. It's really the only way they'll ban the charge. Players undercutting guys in the air is far more dangerous than someone intruding a shooter's space, yet that's emphasized and the charge isn't. 

That won't ever happen otherwise you'll have players going right through players' bodies.

On 12/17/2021 at 3:08 AM, NYRaider said:

The Lakers are the greatest franchise in NBA history at identifying random white dudes that can hoop. @TheRealMcCoy called it on Reaves before anyone else, dude's good.

If there is one thing I can suss out it’s scrappy white dudes who play the game the right way. 😎😂

Reaves isn’t the defender Caruso was, but he’s definitely a better offensive player.

• Like 2

Ja injury wasn’t even from an undercut. What are you talking about. A undercut is when a player leaves the ground and a guy then goes into position to take a charge. That didn’t happen to Ja or Giannis. Just two very unfortunate situations where the fall hurt them 

• Like 1

I was thinking Bron on Jackson and AD on Tillman before the series and that's exactly what Ham did. With or without Ja, the Grizzlies need to get AD to come out to the perimeter. He can't just be roaming around the paint. Monster performances by AR15 and Rui but curious to see if Bron goes to the post more against Brooks next game. At this point, if you have someone that can get into him from the perimeter, he's going to struggle consistently getting past that defender. He's better working off the ball but both Russell and Reaves are going to have to create good looks for the rest of the team. AD still has not been the force offensively the past week or so. Game 2 should be another tight game until the end. Less turnovers if Jones is running the point which will lead to better defense but can the Grizzlies get enough in the halfcourt to win?

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

They don’t call it the hardwood for no reason. There is no mistake that two super athletic great players with questionable jump shots got injured forcing the ball to the basket. 

Ja and Giannis both got injured in similar ways because they aren’t confident in their shooting. 

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

They don’t call it the hardwood for no reason. There is no mistake that two super athletic great players with questionable jump shots got injured forcing the ball to the basket. 

Ja and Giannis both got injured in similar ways because they aren’t confident in their shooting. 

So you're saying they shouldn't do what they do best and only shoot jump shots? Is that your solution?

Don't adjust the charge rule! Ban drives to the basket! Ban jumping when inside the paint!

Edited by seminoles1