2023 NBA Playoffs: (2) Memphis Grizzlies vs (7) Los Angeles Lakers

11sanchez11

7 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Lakers need to win this in 5 cause they need those extra days of rest while the Warriors/Kings go 6 or 7.

I don't see that happening. Memphis is great at home and they have probably already lost the one game they were going to lose...unless it is game 7 since Bron goes God mode in those games. But LeBron is going to be playing on fumes in game 5. If they are going to win, then AD needs to have a dominant game and one of DLO/Reaves will need 20+ points. 

6 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

This is going 6-7. Honestly. 

Agreed.

darvin ham might be a bottom 5 coach in terms of rotations

Subbing AD out for his lover boy Troy Brown Jr. after fighting back to get it down to 1 pt is absolutely insane. That no Center line up is garbage. Doing MEM a favor going small and no rim protection or rebounding. Dudes going watch that film and feel like an idiot tmrrw.

ham has good X’s and O’s game plans though offensively and ATO execution is as good as you can ask for. But sheesh he wasted a dominant AD game by bad in game coaching.

Edited by indifference
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:27 AM, indifference said:

AD going to have to dominate tomorrow. Bron will probably be on auto pilot and coasting 

Will need a Reaves/AD/Dlo good game to close out.

Expecting MEM to get those calls at home too.

Lol…bron was out of it from QTR 1 and had 5 turnovers. Some forced and some werent..mentally not focused enough for tn.

bron bounces back friday and reaves has a strong game. LAL in 6

Edited by indifference

2 hours ago, indifference said:

darvin ham might be a bottom 5 coach in terms of rotations

Subbing AD out for his lover boy Troy Brown Jr. after fighting back to get it down to 1 pt is absolutely insane. That no Center line up is garbage. Doing MEM a favor going small and no rim protection or rebounding. Dudes going watch that film and feel like an idiot tmrrw.

ham has good X’s and O’s game plans though offensively and ATO execution is as good as you can ask for. But sheesh he wasted a dominant AD game by bad in game coaching.

Troy brown has completely folded. -26 in 12 minutes. Yikes. 

Most of it coming from when AD was taken out smh

Edited by Trey Lance
  • Like 1

I still have no idea what Brown brings to the table and why Ham trusts him as much as he does. LeBron should not be seeing any minutes at C and with him not trying to attack, he needs Reaves+DLo with him for majority of his minutes. 

The Lakers have fell apart often all series when AD has gone to the bench. Trying Bamba for a small stretch here and there and may be the way to go. 

As for the Grizzlies, Kennard needs to see 25+ minutes. The spacing is just so much better and Brooks is a big net negative offensively so what he does on the defensive end doesn't even matter all that much. Since as I mentioned, LeBron is not in attack mode, you don't need Brooks to be guarding him all game. Tillman is doing even a better job on him.

Lakers defense should be sharp in game 6 and I think LeBron finally hits a few outside jumpers and is a tad bit more aggressive and that should be enough for them to pull it off.

Lakers 109 Grizzlies 102 

Still think the Lakers win this series but how gassed (and old) they look already is a bad sign going forward. I did have the Dubs over them in the next round anyways but I would've given them more of a chance before seeing the series play out than after. LeBron especially does not look like the dude who was ready to go for a full playoff run. I imagine part of it is them having to play hard down the stretch to even make the play-in meanwhile other teams got to rest starters.

2 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Still think the Lakers win this series but how gassed (and old) they look already is a bad sign going forward. I did have the Dubs over them in the next round anyways but I would've given them more of a chance before seeing the series play out than after. LeBron especially does not look like the dude who was ready to go for a full playoff run. I imagine part of it is them having to play hard down the stretch to even make the play-in meanwhile other teams got to rest starters.

He's also coming off his foot injury that most expected would need surgery.

He's old, tired, and just off injury. This is going to have to be AD's party if they want to advance.