49ers fielding trade calls for QB Trey Lance

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, N4L said:

Says the guy who just insinuated the jets waited until they could hear John Lynch speak before they decided to finally pull the trigger on a trade with the Packers after talking about it for over a month lol 

(1) you need to re-read what I wrote

(2) you need to re-read what I wrote before that

You whiffed x2 lol

6 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Min gets: Trey Lance, #99, #101

SF gets: #23

who says no

#23 would be rough for Minnesota to give up without a second round pick. I also feel like the Cousins restructuring makes this very awkward. They'd have to cut him 6/1 (or trade him) or they are sitting lance for another year. Furthermore, they never manage to get a cheap QB room because the dead money on Cousins comes in for 2024 regardless of whether Kirk plays for them this year or not. 

I get the idea behind it, and I'd do this before drafting Hooker at 23 or something if I were them, but I feel like I just wouldn't do either? 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

#23 would be rough for Minnesota to give up without a second round pick. I also feel like the Cousins restructuring makes this very awkward. They'd have to cut him 6/1 (or trade him) or they are sitting lance for another year. Furthermore, they never manage to get a cheap QB room because the dead money on Cousins comes in for 2024 regardless of whether Kirk plays for them this year or not. 

I get the idea behind it, and I'd do this before drafting Hooker at 23 or something if I were them, but I feel like I just wouldn't do either? 

Those void years are awful.

13 minutes ago, Forge said:

Does Kirk back to SF not work contract wise? I dunno who would have to give up picks, but the Lance for Kirk swap seems, in theory at least, mutually beneficial? Or is SF fans very far out on that?

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Does Kirk back to SF not work contract wise? I dunno who would have to give up picks, but the Lance for Kirk swap seems, in theory at least, mutually beneficial? Or is SF fans very far out on that?

It may have worked before they restructured him, doesn't really work now for Minnesota. He costs them 19 million more to trade than to keep and they only have 2 million in space, or something silly like that. 

They can technically wait until after june 1 which would make it workable for Minnesota money wise (the hit will be split between this year and next) but by then the 49ers likely have a really good idea on what Purdy's recovery looks like as he should start throwing sometime in june. So there's a good chance they are simply not going to need him. 

I think the Kirk thing has probably sailed and that Mac Jones makes way more sense for the 49ers in pretty much every way, especially given how out on him Bill appears. 

• Like 1