49ers fielding trade calls for QB Trey Lance

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Forge said:

This is i can totally buy as well 

Okudah gets traded for a day 3 pick. 

Teams then inquire on Lance on what it might cost thinking it might be similar cost. 

SF  let's it be known that "teams" have inquired so its understood that it might take more in an offer to make something happen.

If SF really wants to " solve this problem" maybe they accept the best deal on draft weekend.

16 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Okudah gets traded for a day 3 pick. 

Teams then inquire on Lance on what it might cost thinking it might be similar cost. 

SF  let's it be known that "teams" have inquired so its understood that it might take more in an offer to make something happen.

If SF really wants to " solve this problem" maybe they accept the best deal on draft weekend.

Why should SF settle for peanuts? Either they get a deal worthy of moving him, or they don't.  

Let a surprise team draft a QB, or a team like Houston decide to go BPA Defense with both picks because the top4 get drafted. 

Leaving Hooker or Lance "potentially" at #33. Given Ryans history with SF, he of all people would known whether it's worth the trader not.

Wouldn't be the 1st time the Texans passed on a QB, to take a DE/OLB. Just saying. Let Bryce Young go #1, this might just occur. 

Edited by Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why should SF settle for peanuts? Eithing they get a deal worthy of moving him, or they don't.  

Let a surprise team draft a QB, or a team like Houston decide to ho BPA Defense with both picks because the top4 get drafted. 

Leaving Hooker or Lance "potentially" at #33. Given Ryans history with SF, he of all people would known whether it's worth the trader not.

Wouldn't be the 1st time the Texans passed on a QB, to take a DE/OLB. Just saying. Let Bryce Young go #1, this might just occur. 

Where did I say SF would settle for peanuts?

Just now, squire12 said:

Where did I say SF would settle for peanuts?

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

If SF really wants to " solve this problem" maybe they accept the best deal on draft

If the best deal they get is peanuts,  do they still accept it??

18 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

If the best deal they get is peanuts,  do they still accept it??

not sure.  I was using the "solve this problem" based on the post I quoted and the twitter post.  If SF really wants to move Lance and solve the problem of having to deal with Lance vs Purdy as the starting QB going forward, maybe they take the best deal they can get and move forward.  whether that is peanuts or not is TBD

3 hours ago, adamq said:

He's not the same player that was a trainwreck in NY.. Darnold was average at worst in Carolina. In San Francisco average will be just fine until Purdy comes back

Nah he was hideous in Carolina playing musical chairs with Baker Mayfield, and P.J. Walker. I know the squad was deprived of talent, but no one should be completing less than 60% of their passes in 2022. Our boy Jimmy in my book was average at worst. Darnold looked unplayable at times. If Darnold has to start half the season or God-forbid the entire season it would be pretty demoralizing at first blush. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Nah he was hideous in Carolina playing musical chairs with Baker Mayfield, and P.J. Walker. I know the squad was deprived of talent, but no one should be completing less than 60% of their passes in 2022. Our boy Jimmy in my book was average at worst. Darnold looked unplayable at times. If Darnold has to start half the season or God-forbid the entire season it would be pretty demoralizing at first blush. 

51 minutes ago, Soko said:

That’s pretty generous

I guess, but he looked better than anyone else they had pre or post CMC trade.. I know thats not saying much, but I don't think Jimmy G for instance would have been any better in the same circumstances. Darnold is a more than capable backup there, that's all I'm sayin'

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adamq said:

He's not the same player that was a trainwreck in NY.. Darnold was average at worst in Carolina. In San Francisco average will be just fine until Purdy comes back

he played alright in limited time last season, but he was horrific the year before that

that said, he's had a putrid supporting cast everywhere he's gone, while SF has some of the best offensive talent in the league. I think he'd perform well there if he had to start a few games at the start of the season.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Raiders trade for him and the Jimmy G vs. Lance disaster begins again!

Oh and Brady comes out of retirement and joins the Raiders 15 mil 1 year to make Jimmy sit again. 

26 minutes ago, adamq said:

I guess, but he looked better than anyone else they had pre or post CMC trade.. I know thats not saying much, but I don't think Jimmy G for instance would have been any better in the same circumstances. Darnold is a more than capable backup there, that's all I'm sayin'

To Jimmy's credit, at least we've seen him actually play well with scrubs. Can't see Darnold doing that. I actually liked Darnold coming out, so glad he's a 49ers as a backup, but he's the next Bryan Hoyer at this point. Hopefully Purdy can start the season. 

24 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

To Jimmy's credit, at least we've seen him actually play well with scrubs. Can't see Darnold doing that. I actually liked Darnold coming out, so glad he's a 49ers as a backup, but he's the next Bryan Hoyer at this point. Hopefully Purdy can start the season. 

He played well enough closing out Carolina's season 4-2