Players You Like: QB

LETSGOBROWNIES

Not much we’re gonna do here, maybe find a guy who’s less rapey.  Pray Game Show GIF by ABC Network

DTR: he’s a guy with a similar physical profile as far as mobility and such that would allow for a lot of carry over in scheme should he need to play.

Hendon Hooker:  I’m squarely in the “he’s a day 3 guy” camp due to age and system, but apparently he’s getting R1 buzz during silly season?  Idk man… Weeden was a thing so anything’s possible, but he’s a 25 year old system QB.  

Hooker prolly goes way too early and DTR’s best asset would be the cheap rookie contract he’d be playing on.  Is that enough of a reason to draft him?  Maybe?

5 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hooker will go too early, but he'd be the guy. Aside from him, if Tune wasn't 24, I'd say he'd be another nice late pickup. 

Does age really matter here?  As a franchise dude yeah, sure, maybe.  As a guy you’re hoping can be a cheap backup for 4 years?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

The age thing is way less of a big deal now that they’ve found a QB. The window is now I guess. The guardrail still applies, but it’s also a value thing imo. The more valuable someone is the less the age matters. 

Age has nothing to do with their window, but rather the upside and ability.

And it’s not just age that’s the valued metric, it’s age paired with an early breakout.  Ideally you want players who are able to walk onto the college team and contribute right away vs some dude who has to sit for 3-4 years before playing.  Being good at 19-20 is a better indicator of potential/ability than someone who needed to be 23 or 24 competing against 19-20 year olds to have success.