2023 NFL Draft thread

paul-mac

2 hours ago, broncos67 said:

Detroit is signing players based on vibes lol. Just redundancies everywhere. I wouldn't mind Swift for the right price, but he's too fragile to trust.

The Reuter draft isn't bad. Brents and Achane would be nice. But I'd love to see us come away with a good center prospect. At least one starter somewhere would be great given our starting position.

Both you and @broncos_fan _from _uk among others have mentioned Tippman. Finally watched a bit of him, 1st player this year. He can play and would start for us immediately. I don't see his height as a problem. He keeps his hips pretty low anyway.  It'd make too much sense to draft him. We have a new offense, new OL coach, solid journeyman at the other 4 spots. It's a perfect time to bring him in and let him learn with the rest of them.

A unit that was a shambles last year has a good chance at being above average at least. Also gives us a pretty strong interior with Meinerz and Tippman being people movers.

Give how few 3rd rd guys can make an impact their 1st year an undervalued position like center can produce great value.

Lots of talent still there even if tippman is gone. 

Adebawore is by far my #1. Direct replacement for Dremont. 

Darnell Washington - don’t love taking a TE but we’re clearly prioritizing the run game and Washington would be like Dwayne Carswell, complementing Dulcich. 

hyatt, ringo and turner would be good values in the 3rd too. 

Edited by grizmo78

I have not followed these prospects at all this year.  Even so I was not expecting a trade up for a WR.

There’s an argument that it was a need in a couple ways, though.  Hamler can’t be relied upon.  He’s one of my favorite picks we’ve ever made, but the injury history can’t be ignored.  Patrick is coming off of injury.  Washington is a potential player that gets cut.  The depth at this position is not as strong as it seems on paper.  2nd, this offense desperately needs speed.  Of the players I just listed only Hamler (unreliable) and Washington (not good) are burners. 

I know nothing about Mims other than what I’ve looked up on his combine.  He provides depth (a need) and speed (a need).