Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This kind of is the point of his completion percentage. When he's not outright missing (which this doesn't show). He is throwing into highly contested coverage. Nearly every pass in this clip is a contested ball. Granted his receivers are not winning consistently, but Love is also choosing to throw into that coverage vs. taking what the defense gives him. 

Comes down to decision making, ball placement and accuracy which is where he looks very shaky to say the least.  

Which WRs should he have gone to on those plays instead?

22 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

I’m not sure why this is a hard conversation.

Jordan Love hasn’t been good. 

He also has been placed in a situation where not many QBs would be successful. 

The offensive line is bad.

The running game is bad 

The receivers have been very bad, with limited flashes . 

They commit a lot of penalties 

Drop a ton of balls. 

It’s a offense full of guys on their rookie contract 

and they’re best players on offense has been hurt for most of the year. 

Context matters

The reality is I keep forgetting NFL Gen doesn't have posters who genuinely care of an intelligent football discussion. There's a few who do, but 90% including the kids are mouth-breathers who like fantasy football and Taylor Swift excitement.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think this might be an underrated concept in waiting and sitting for 3 years is a long time to be away from the nuances of any skill based activity.    There is a reason that NFL teams/coaches don't want to rest players prior to the playoffs in fear of "rust" being an issue.  that is a 1-2 week of being rested.  I would speculate that 3 years from game action and game speed is a bigger detriment to the "rust" issue.  

Love has not shown development in the last few weeks and that is a major concern.  Feels like MLF is trying to limit things so much and that ultimately stifles the offense in the first half.  things get opened up in the 2nd half and the offense performs better.  I would like to see MLF open up the offense and come out throwing and see what results are.   If nothing else, if things are a disaster, GB has a better idea that Love is not the QBOTF

Exactly. You need 100% closure by end of season. You cannot be uncertain. It’s year 4, training wheels have to come off now. Rookie contracts are different than they were in 2004.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

I think this might be an underrated concept in waiting and sitting for 3 years is a long time to be away from the nuances of any skill based activity.    There is a reason that NFL teams/coaches don't want to rest players prior to the playoffs in fear of "rust" being an issue.  that is a 1-2 week of being rested.  I would speculate that 3 years from game action and game speed is a bigger detriment to the "rust" issue.  

Love has not shown development in the last few weeks and that is a major concern.  Feels like MLF is trying to limit things so much and that ultimately stifles the offense in the first half.  things get opened up in the 2nd half and the offense performs better.  I would like to see MLF open up the offense and come out throwing and see what results are.   If nothing else, if things are a disaster, GB has a better idea that Love is not the QBOTF

MLF seems adamant on trying to set up the offense how he wants it to run: pass game built off run game. So early in the game he tried to establish the run, but we're terrible and get penalized too much so we constantly end up in 2nd and 15 and 3rd and 11s. And still have players who aren't playing well and now are trying to convert these unmanageable down and distances.

It's really hard when no phase is working properly and you are constantly penalized. Love has been impossible to evaluate without all-22 the last 4 weeks.

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The reality is I keep forgetting NFL Gen doesn't have posters who genuinely care of an intelligent football discussion. There's a few who do, but 90% including the kids are mouth-breathers who like fantasy football and Taylor Swift excitement.

You're more than welcome to leave Gen.

I can say 99% of us would enjoy that.

(We call this stage "anger").

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Soko said:

Someone find the thread where the GB fans said they wouldn’t take Herbert or Lawrence over Love lol

We should also find the moments where people proclaimed him as ready after a few preseason games and mop up drives last season - but are now saying seven games isn't enough to judge him. 

That would be funny to read.

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

MLF seems adamant on trying to set up the offense how he wants it to run: pass game built off run game. So early in the game he tried to establish the run, but we're terrible and get penalized too much so we constantly end up in 2nd and 15 and 3rd and 11s. And still have players who aren't playing well and now are trying to convert these unmanageable down and distances.

It's really hard when no phase is working properly and you are constantly penalized. Love has been impossible to evaluate without all-22 the last 4 weeks.

i get that.   but being stubborn to what is and isn't working is a problem.  

• Like 1

I mean for me personally it is just a lot harder to give a guy who is in the middle of his fourth year in the league the same excuses year one rookies get. Sure Love doesn't have a ton of help. Sure GB is a terrible team outside of him.... but they spent a first round pick on him in 2020 not 2023. You can say he hasn't had the game reps before and he is still growing.... but if you are going with the sit them for 3 years approach you have to expect a certain level of polish/play that is greater than that of just a rookie QB coming out of college.

I do think Love has talent... but at some point that talent has to convert into success on the football field and that probably needs to be this year if the Packers are actually as bad as they look. If this level of play continues and the Packers are picking top 5 in the draft they would be crazy not to look at QB in a draft with a lot of talent at the position.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

The fact you can’t admit that Jordan Love has been playing bad kinda makes you the mouth breather here bruh

• Like 2