Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

58 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Anyone wanna go check Trevor Lawrence's numbers after his first 7 games?  Let's compare that to Jordan Love.

Trevor Lawrence: 161-270 (59.6%), 1773 passing yards (6.6 YPA), 8 passing TD (2.6%), 9 INT (3.3%)
Jordan Love: 135-234 (57.7%), 1492 passing yards (6.4 YPA), 11 passing TD (3.4%), 8 INT (3.4%)

I'm not saying that Jordan Love is Trevor Lawrence, but Lawerence struggled badly in his first year as a starting QB.  Largely because of a poor supporting cast.

My guy one has been in the league for 3 years. The other was a rookie. Legitimately.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, malak1 said:

As your fellow packer fan would say: apples and hand grenades.

You right.  One was viewed as a generational prospect and arguably the best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, and the other one was viewed as a 2-3 year project before he was ready to play in the NFL.  But hey, because they sit in the NFL they must be getting valuable game experience.  Oh wait.

42 minutes ago, malak1 said:

You guys are so careful to use this phrasing. We all see the dishonesty. 

Dishonesty?  No.  You're naive if you think sitting on the bench for the 2 seasons in Green Bay has anywhere near the same value as the experience you gain from playing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

My guy one has been in the league for 3 years. The other was a rookie. Legitimately.

One was a generational prospect and arguably the best since Peyton Manning, and the other one was a 2-3 year project minimum.

As a depressed 49ers fan post Superbowl, there was nothing that made be happier than when the Packers decided to level up by taking Love and Dillon back-to-back when you already have a HoF MVP QB and a probowl RB. 

Edited by Trey Lance
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

One was a generational prospect and arguably the best since Peyton Manning, and the other one was a 2-3 year project minimum.

Ya a guy that got the three years to sit and learn behind one of the greatest to play QB with an offensive head coach who had a ton of success. The other one had Urban freaking Meyer who was off dancing with college chicks after games and kicking his kicker for some reason. 

Ya both QBs supporting casts stunk but Love’s situation is so much better than what TLaw had in his first 7-8 starts it isn’t even close lol. Very odd comparison to try and make. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, General Tso said:

Hmm maybe the whole "spend 10 FRP on defense and let Aaron carry the offense" isn't a good long term plan. 

Not with Joe Barry. Need a DC who can amplify his players talents instead of mute them. It's embarrassing he's still employed and makes you seriously question LaFleur's judgement. This is a badly coached team right now across the board, so the issue runs deeper than what positions were targeted. The defense has way too much talent to be this bad. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya a guy that got the three years to sit and learn behind one of the greatest to play QB with an offensive head coach who had a ton of success. The other one had Urban freaking Meyer who was off dancing with college chicks after games and kicking his kicker for some reason. 

Ya both QBs supporting casts stunk but Love’s situation is so much better than what TLaw had in his first 7-8 starts it isn’t even close lol. Very odd comparison to try and make. 

It's a stretch to think La Fleur is any better than Urban Meyer this year TBH

26 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It's a stretch to think La Fleur is any better than Urban Meyer this year TBH

Hard to take seriously anything you say at this point, saying that Lafleur is equal or worse to Meyer who is very high on the very short list of "worst coaches of all time". 
I know you are defending your guy but this is just blasphemous c'mon

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, MagicMT said:

Hard to take seriously anything you say at this point, saying that Lafleur is equal or worse to Meyer who is very high on the very short list of "worst coaches of all time". 
I know you are defending your guy but this is just blasphemous c'mon

Relax. A joke. But MLF has been cheeks this year

9 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

The funniest part of all this is how letting rookies sit for 3 years was "The Packer Way" and guaranteed success. Now that its a colossal failure its all about comparing Love to rookies. Hilarious.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Dishonesty?  No.  You're naive if you think sitting on the bench for the 2 seasons in Green Bay has anywhere near the same value as the experience you gain from playing.

Oh but we were told all offseason that this was the best way to introduce a QB to the league and this was the Packers secret formula for churning out HOF QB's? I feel like people are backtracking....but maybe that is just me. 🤪

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You were the one who made the comparison and brought it up in the first place lmao

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pool said:

Oh but we were told all offseason that this was the best way to introduce a QB to the league and this was the Packers secret formula for churning out HOF QB's? I feel like people are backtracking....but maybe that is just me. 🤪

Tell me why it isn't the best way to introduce a QB to the league?  It isn't like Love was a top 5 pick and ready to play.  Kid needed time.  GB wasn't in a position to draft a QB with his potential upside for quite some time and likely wouldn't be that close with Rodgers under center.

So, they went for it.  They had a plan.  They worked the plan.  And?  It's failed so far.  

I don't fault the process so much as I fault the outcome right now.  

Jordan Love isn't killing this offense, he's part of multiple things that are failing right now.  And since he's the QB, he gets too much praise when things go right and too much blame when things go bad.

Now, if you wish to argue that GB shouldn't have drafted Love back then and instead given Rodgers weaponz?  I can't argue that, but I can point to Rodgers' play and how it went up directly after the selection of Love.   Two MVP's in 3 seasons after Love was drafted.  None in the prior 5 when he was arguably coming down from his Prime years.

• Like 1