Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Other than Josh Morgan, none of the WRs played in 60+% of the offensive snaps.  Leonard Hankerson came in 2nd at 55.47%, while Moss was 3rd with 43.95%.  It probably wasn't intentional that he played that much, but saying he barely played is laughable.  The top 2 WRs that year were Josh Morgan and Pierre Garcon, and Gascon missed 6 games with injury.  Guess who finished top 2 in targets that year?  Morgan and Garcon.

We are though.  It's not my problem if you can't see the forest through the trees.  A handful of posters in here have came in and decided that after SEVEN games, Jordan Love can't play.  They refuse to acknowledge that the OL has a whole has played poorly.  They've refused to acknowledge that Love's supporting cast (i.e. his receivers and TEs) haven't helped him, and he has (I believe) the 7th highest dropped pass rate in the league.  They refuse to acknowledge that the only veteran weapon the Packers have on offense has been limited to playing less than 25% of the possible offensive snaps.  They've refused to acknowledge that LaFleur's play calling has been ultra-conservative to the point where teams are begging Jordan Love to go vertical.  So far, Jordan Love has been good for 2 games and some change (Chicago, Atlanta, and Q4 against New Orleans) and he's been bad for 2 games and some change (Detroit, Las Vegas, and 1H Denver).  That's pretty much exactly what you'd anticipate a young player doing.  Some highs, some lows, and mostly in between.

Best case scenario this year, the Packers got Kirk Cousins-level (not peak Kirk Cousins mind you) of play out of Jordan Love and they win 9-10 games, maybe get a Wild Card spot, but get obliterated in the playoffs.  Worst case scenario, the Packers' offer struggles to gel and they're going to get there first top 10 pick since 2009.  And potentially their fist top 5 pick since 2006.

I want it on the record I knew he couldn't play after 3 games.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Soko said:

~40% snaps, 1 start. Yup, I’ll continue to say barely played. Even if you want to say he played this exorbitant amount - was he the same guy that he used to be? Did he contribute the way he did in those “x4 1,000 yard seasons”? No. So, again, we either include what they used to do, or we don’t. Can’t have it both ways without trying to look silly. 

IF ~40% of the snaps is barely played, what does that make the 24% of the snaps that Aaron Jones has played?  Non-existent.  That's taking away BY FAR the best offensive player that the Packers have.  And we're comparing that to WR3 for  Washington that year.  And the only reason that he got that many snaps was because of the injury to Pierre Garcon, ironically ANOTHER veteran WR that was on their roster that year.  Ironically speaking, only Leonard Hankerson (their former 3rd round pick) was the only WR on their roster still on their rookie contract, and he was in his 2nd year in the league.  So you had 3 guys on non-rookie contracts (Santana Moss, Josh Morgan, and Pierre Garcon) alongside a former 3rd round pick.  The Packers' current WR corps consists of Christian Watson (2nd year player), Romeo Doubs (2nd year player), Jayden Reed (rookie), and Dontayvion Wicks (rookie).  It doesn't have to be prime Santana Moss to have value.  He was valuable to RG3, and I think even RG3 would admit that.

10 hours ago, Soko said:

Lmao. I have a pretty good grasp on the words I’m using, thanks. I straight up said I’m not going to talk strictly about the current state of the Packers with you, and you still take that time to write all that. Thanks for the effort!

Clearly you don't.  You've danced around the discussion saying that I don't understand.  Context matters.  Apparently not to you, but context matters.

10 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

We kind of have a different language, a lot of us have been around here and other places, together, for years.  I would say that most of the bickering is all in fun.  We get after each other pretty hard right after a game, and we are all buddies again by Wednesday.  The draft prospect fights are the best!

I’m only jealous. Pats forum is hecking graveyard 

14 hours ago, Pool said:

I want it on the record I knew he couldn't play after 3 games.

Assuming it remains true, I want it on record that I knew he couldn't play before he was drafted.

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

And let me guess, Justin Fields after 2 years was in the too early to tell camp amirite?

Well if we're going by years now, Love has 3 and a half.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF ~40% of the snaps is barely played, what does that make the 24% of the snaps that Aaron Jones has played?

Barely played x2. 

It’s dumb to include a player’s past accolades when discussing who they were in much later seasons. I didn’t open with that because Jones has been out, but it was introduced, so it is what it is. I mean, sure, you could cherry pick when it’s appropriate to do that and when it’s not (to prop Jordan Love, right?) but I will stay consistent, thanks. 

A washed Santana Moss, JAG Josh Morgan, and Pierre Garçon, don’t round out to anything except a bottom 5 unit in the league, and I’m not going to sit here and try to frame every tiny detail to pretend otherwise. If you’re confused by what framing is, it’s probably describing Hankerson as “former third round pick” and then describing Watson as “second year player” instead of former second round pick. 

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Clearly you don't.  You've danced around the discussion saying that I don't understand.  Context matters.  Apparently not to you, but context matters.

“The discussion”, lol. You replied to me, playboi. Not the other way around. I’m not dancing around anything - I am straight up telling you I don’t want to engage in the conversation you’re trying to have.

It’s a bold strategy to quote me, start talking about something that I’m not even talking about, and then try to tell me that I’m not sticking to the discussion. A stupid strategy, mind you, but definitely bold. There’s a logical fallacy for that, right? Something to do with a scare crow, maybe made of straw?

Edited by Soko
  • Like 5

On 11/3/2023 at 1:19 AM, CWood21 said:

And let me guess, Justin Fields after 2 years was in the too early to tell camp amirite?

Idk bro I didn't see anyone proclaiming Fields a sure fire HOF'er like half your forum was saying about Love. Something about context matters? idk

If the Packers only played the Rams and Bears, they'd be the best team every single year lol

I'll give Love credit. He made some nice plays and got the ball to his playmakers.

I don't trust Green Bay to continue this, but with soft games like TB, Car, Chi and the NYG left on the schedule, the Packers can probably go 7-10 or 8-9 and feel good about themselves.

17 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

If the Packers only played the Rams and Bears, they'd be the best team every single year lol

I'll give Love credit. He made some nice plays and got the ball to his playmakers.

I don't trust Green Bay to continue this, but with soft games like TB, Car, Chi and the NYG left on the schedule, the Packers can probably go 7-10 or 8-9 and feel good about themselves.

Love's long balls are inaccurate as hell and his wins are against defenses that don't scare anyone (Aaron Donald not included).  He did start playing better once we stopped shooting ourselves in the foot.  We also faced a Stafford-less Rams team.  If Matt had started I have to wonder if the outcome would have been in our favor yesterday.

• Like 1