Rams 2023 draft

NVRamsFan

So what do you make of Day 2 for the Rams?

For me I like it. Two guys on the defense that can get after the QB and a guy on the offense who don’t let nobody touch the QB. Avila has not just pro-bowl but all-pro potential from the G or C spot. He did a great job in the National Championship Game against Carter oh and he dominated Smith of Michigan too in the Semi Finals. So he proved he can dominate all competition.

Also the Rams added picks in Day 3 in particular the 4th round which the Rams didn’t have a pick. So 9 picks tomorrow maybe the Rams can use a pick or two to trade for Swift. I’d like them to take Max Duggan to be the backup to Stafford. Boutte is still available I believe and I love him. Many wanted Hyatt but I want Boutte. He is legit and fail due to struggles this past season and also he got in trouble off the field at LSU that led to him leaving for the draft bc Kelly didn’t want him to return. But he got talent to be a huge steal.

Pick's coming up, who we feeling?

I think he's more of a SS than a FS, but Antonio Johnson would be a steal here (though I wonder if he doesn't have a medical red flag to fall this far).  I like Jammie Robinson - he's versatile as hell, in the Jordan Fuller mold.  Terrell Smith feels like a kind that Les has gone after in the past - fundamentally solid CB who falls because he didn't have the turnover production.

That said, I'm kind of expecting Corey Trice or Jaren Hall (we had two separate visits with him).

I like the Stetson pick. Could be a very sneaky steal. Feels like a weirdly good fit.

Not familiar with Hampton. Rams are surly favoring explosive defenders. No DBs is surprising to me. 

not sure why they’re still trading back lol 8 picks left now. DB or WR in this next one? Antoine green maybe?

• Like 1

Love our draft haul. Not a single pick that I hated. Focused on the trenches with OL, DL and Edge. And I’m a big fan of the skill position guys we brought in. Evans is super talented. Puka seems like the perfect fit to our offense and he offers real speed. And I like Allen’s athleticism. 
Love the Avila pick. I think he’s gonna be just what the doctor ordered and has top 5-10 guard potential. 

• Like 4

Rams 2023 Draft Class

iOL Avila

EDGE Young

DL Turner

QB Bennett

EDGE Hampton

OT McClendon

TE Allen

WR Nacua

CB Tomlinson

EDGE Mathis

RB Evans

P Evans

S Taylor II

DL Johnson

Overall Grade : B+ (Yes, I think grades are stupid this early, but have to say something).

Loved: Young, Allen, Tomlinson, Evans (RB), McLendon

Hated: Turner, Nacua

Stetson Bennett is growing on me, would have preferred him in the 5th, but the run on QBs started. Also, would have taken Jaren Hall instead.

Snead did a great job adding talent and depth. Wish we came away with a perimeter CB and a better WR. 

• Like 1

This draft wasn't flashy, but the most important pick for me was Avila. 

When i read interview of Snead and Mcvay before the draft saying they were happy with the Oline group, i couldn't believe it. 

And finally, it was just a smoke screen. 

Also, the Bennett pick, i wasn't hype about this pick but finally after reading some article about him, i think it was a really good pick to have him. 

Maybe Mcvay could develop him and we won't have to draft a QB with our 1st round next year. 

The rest of the pick, well can't say much except that on offense they always prefer players with good hands but not playmaker.

On defense, we drafted a lof of Edge and i hope they will pan out. 

Only regret is that we couldn't draft the best K of the draft....and we will watch him against us.

4 hours ago, Flounch said:

This draft wasn't flashy, but the most important pick for me was Avila. 

When i read interview of Snead and Mcvay before the draft saying they were happy with the Oline group, i couldn't believe it. 

And finally, it was just a smoke screen. 

Also, the Bennett pick, i wasn't hype about this pick but finally after reading some article about him, i think it was a really good pick to have him. 

Maybe Mcvay could develop him and we won't have to draft a QB with our 1st round next year. 

The rest of the pick, well can't say much except that on offense they always prefer players with good hands but not playmaker.

On defense, we drafted a lof of Edge and i hope they will pan out. 

Only regret is that we couldn't draft the best K of the draft....and we will watch him against us.

We did get the best kicker. As an undrafted free agent Christopher Dunn won the Lou Groza award last season as best place kicker in college. It was Moody of the Niners it was Dunn who is with the Rams. So idk what you are talking about 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by stl4life07

11 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

We did get the best kicker. As an undrafted free agent Christopher Dunn won the Lou Groza award last season as best place kicker in college. It was Moody of the Niners it was Dunn who is with the Rams. So idk what you are talking about 🤷‍♂️ 

He won the award this year and i hope he will do well in training camp. But he seems like have accuracy but no power and when you see his stats over his career, you have to wonder if he's not a 1 year wonder kid.