2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

8.34 RAS score says otherwise.

When guys like Chase and Jefferson have 9.8 or higher RAS, that pretty much eclipses 8.34.

That's the kind of athlete I want as WR1 or WR2 when taking one in the top 15.  Not an 8.34.  

I still feel like JSN fits what we do best.....but #13 just feels high for the type of athlete he is at WR.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mox said:

Wasn't JSN an 8.29 RAS with elite quickness?

For sure.  That is his trait.  And smarts. 

Don't get me wrong, I dig him.  Have for quite some time.

But when taking a WR this high in the draft, I personally would want a higher caliber athlete.  Better H/W/S combo package.  

That being said...what JSN does best fits what we need most.  We have the H/W/S guys on the roster.  We need a reliable slot, and he's all that and then some.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I hope we get a prospect there but don’t know how high they’ll invest with other premium positions available. I think there might be free agent value at safety , we also have a pretty meager budget this year so won’t get the top guys there. 

Given they're in a rebuild (or at least a mini-rebuild), I'd much rather them take the approach of "best player available at a position of greater or lesser need" than simply the approach of "greatest need". Hence, they wait till Day 3 to grab a safety, I'm fine with it. I mean, for example, if you have a chance at a 6.0 rated CB (a lesser need than safety, but still a need) or a 5.0 rated safety, give me the CB. 

6 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Smokescreen szn

IF you think Dalton Kincaid (or Mayer) is a top 10 player in this draft (regardless of position) AND

IF you think he can IMMEDIATELY produce like a top 10 TE in the passing game (as a rookie) AND

IF you think he will progress to be a top 3-5 TE as a 3rd-5th year player

THEN he is in the discussion as worthy of pick 13 for sure

• Like 2

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

JSN is odd in that he is astonishingly agile and has a respectable broad jump. But his 10yd split is shockingly bad for someone with his COD ability. He's elite at transferring energy but terrible at initiating energy. As long as he keeps moving, he's a plus athlete. If he needs to come to a complete stop that doesn't immediately transfer into different motion, he's a dud athlete 

I'm going to chalk that bad stuff up to his injury.  And be thrilled when he's drafted by GB.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

WR I could see us taking over JSN:
Quentin Johnston, Zay Flowers, Jordan Addison.  With Johnston the guy I'd guess is top on our board. 

He's big. BIG compared to these other guys which I think sets him apart.

he's cordarelle patterson lite though, he's not a natural WR. He's a more natural runner with the ball. If he's there at 42, ok. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

We have the H/W/S guys on the roster.  We need a reliable slot, and he's all that and then some.

I just feel like Downs in the 2nd or other players later on in the 3rd is the better value route to this outcome.  Just because we have the H/W/S guy now doesn't mean you can't find room for another.  Doubs is an afterthought once you take one of those guys in the 1st/2nd, and there's no rule Watson can't be WR2 either.  Aim high!

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

he's cordarelle patterson lite though, he's not a natural WR. He's a more natural runner with the ball. If he's there at 42, ok. 

I think he's every bit the WR Watson is now, and a better prospect coming out.  I don't see Patterson at all.  He gets OPEN it's just that he gets open deep(er).

Just now, skibrett15 said:

I think he's every bit the WR Watson is now, and a better prospect coming out.  I don't see Patterson at all.  He gets OPEN it's just that he gets open deep(er).

He'll find it harder to get open in the NFL and he's bad at contested catches because he's not a natural.

Really really high bust risk with him IMO.