2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

1 minute ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think a good portion of that is that he's freakishly long so it's easier for him to reach down and touch the line (which you have to do with your hand not your foot).

I considered that but damn if that’s still not impressive to get that frame moving and changing direction smoothly like that. He’s a guy I really like because I hope we can get him in the 2nd and if we got a young Marcedes to fit into this offense I would be thrilled. 

4 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

not sure what you mean?  His over the shoulder catches look great, and he catches with his hands on crossers/comes back to the ball routes.  Might be something I'm missing but idk

He basket and body catches everything. For a WR this size he makes his catch radius unnecessarily tiny. I want to see him stretch his arms out, I want to see him box out defenders and dominate his space. He's just not doing it.

Love the size, love his agilty which helps him generate YAC, just gotta learn to catch properly to succeed in the NFL. Can get away in college but not in the NFL.

Edited by Chili
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mox said:

If GB moved down to 20ish, picked up another second or future first, and landed Addison, I would not be mad.

Doesn’t fit their threshold for just being an athlete.

If they take a WR in the 20s it will be Hyatt. Flowers is too short and Addison just isn’t an athlete at the level they want him to be, same as QJ.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

If they take a WR in the 20s it will be Hyatt. Flowers is too short and Addison just isn’t an athlete at the level they want him to be, same as QJ.

I will throw up in my mouth if the first wr we take in the first is Hyatt. No chance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green19 said:

just isn’t an athlete at the level they want him to be, same as QJ.

QJ is definitely in the athletic mold they want - long strider at good-great height long speed 4.50?  That's Faster than Davante Adams no?  Jordy Nelson Speed.

5 minutes ago, Chili said:

what are the odds of Richardson going no.1?

He's not going number 1 overall, Vagas has taken the bet down. Young was -5000 this morning and the fact they took it down likely tells us they have confirmation that Young will be the first pick.  

1 minute ago, PackFan13 said:

I will throw up in my mouth if the first wr we take in the first is Hyatt. No chance

I get it but he fits outside of JSN… their issue is they are too light.

Flowers is too short and will be interesting if they are willing to forgive that. Addison just doesn’t have the testing number.

QJ has a lot that they like but I believe his 3 cone was like crazy bad… he just doesn’t have the agility numbers… typically.

And early rumors was Hyatt was viewed like Olave.

One thing that makes me feel kind of better about taking a TE at 13 is if the Packers thought getting ahead of the Patriots was meaningful, given that teams are better at scouting some positions than others so some teams beat the league average at those positions, and the NFL in general is very bad at evaluating TEs in the draft then I can't ignore the fact that the Patriots are like the one team to hit on "Elite TE" twice in the draft in the modern era.

5 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Oh yeah trust me I'm aware he doesn't meet GB thresholds. Just personally, I wouldn't be mad landing him in the 20's while adding an extra premium pick.

1 minute ago, skibrett15 said:

QJ is definitely in the athletic mold they want - long strider at good-great height long speed 4.50?  That's Faster than Davante Adams no?  Jordy Nelson Speed.

His agility numbers was bad if I remember correctly. Like scary bad. But like every WR… they all have one thing they typically don’t like.

So he totally could be picked.

More so than Addison and Flowers