2023 NFL Draft Day 3 Discussion

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, R T said:

This place is going to be an echo chamber with people wanting to draft players because of position today, but the Packers are still in BPA mode. Luckily for them a bunch of those BPA's are TE's, but the second round is also still rich with Edge defenders, and we shouldn't be surprised to see Gutes double down at that position if the right player is there. 

Yep, expect anything.  People are going to freak when Gute spends 42 or 45 on Hendon Hooker.  Had him in for a visit, keep the heat on Love,  insurance for the QB position going forward.  I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

8 minutes ago, Green19 said:

And that’s fine… sorry for my “stronger conviction” in my language.

Im reacting to multiple touch points for me to have that stronger conviction. Again rumblings, Hyatt’s general view within the online draft community, his packer thresholds, etc

I get all that, but then it should be easy for you to understand "the point" when someone replies with a simple "you don't know that" when you make definitive statements saying these things are true.

2 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Yep, expect anything.  People are going to freak when Gute spends 42 or 45 on Hendon Hooker.  Had him in for a visit, keep the heat on Love,  insurance for the QB position going forward.  I'm not sayin, I'm just sayin.

The hooker visit could have been a out hyatt and tillman

Just now, beekay414 said:

Poor kid grew up in Pennsylvania, went to college in Pennsylvania and now might have to play his pro ball in Pennsylvania. Brutal.

Can you tell I hate Pennsylvania? 

Maybe this is why GB passed on TJ Watt?  Wanted TJ to have a life outside of Wisconsin?  And Rodgers thought Gute had no empathy.

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea of how smart/not-smart Hooker is? I really think that having Matt Flynn helped Aaron Rodgers develop as an extra set of eyes to help diagnose plays on the sidelines.  Probably also why Graham Harrell stuck around a couple of seasons as well.  

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Does anyone have any idea of how smart/not-smart Hooker is? I really think that having Matt Flynn helped Aaron Rodgers develop as an extra set of eyes to help diagnose plays on the sidelines.  Probably also why Graham Harrell stuck around a couple of seasons as well.  

he allegedly scored a 46 on S2 cognition. So he's an average processor.

3 minutes ago, HokieHigh said:

The hooker visit could have been a out hyatt and tillman

It could, but I don't think you bring in Hooker for that.  You probably know what answers you'll get from teammates.  Probably a medical visit, but I'm just spitballin.

9 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

We should freak out if that happens. The GM isn't above reproach. If he's stupid enough to take a QB in the 2nd round who is already as old as Love, he deserves criticism. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Smart enough to leave VT for Tenn!