2023 NFL Draft: Day 1 Discussion

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

This draft is a bust already to me. Especially if we take Levis. Richardson going early killed my vibe lol

I don’t blame you. Missing out on Richardson kind of deflated my excitement for it as well. If we get Joey Porter Jr., Zay Flowers Or Brian Breese, I guess that would make up for it. 

Edited by Morlee
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, the_cote_kid said:

Which means it's not levis surely, they'd have made a move by now 

Im not completely sold on that but definitely understand the logic.  I do think if he's still on the board that could change things even if they felt he wasn't worth trading up for

1 minute ago, Boda said:

Im not completely sold on that but definitely understand the logic.  I do think if he's still on the board that could change things even if they felt he wasn't worth trading up for

It wouldn't fill me with confidence if they let tampa and seattle have a shot at him. Unless the plan b is hooker, but still. 

14 minutes ago, Morlee said:

Hope not. I like Johnston better. However, they have no business taking anyone other than Levis if he falls to them. 

True if Levis is there one has to take him, I would rather have Levis than Hooker.  JSN is the best route runner in the class and is being criminally underrated, recall he was better than Wilson and Olave two years ago on Ohio State and both of them had really good rookie seasons.

But sure if Levis is there one has to take him with the QB situation currently on the team, but would suck passing on a great WR though that they need now not in the future.  

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

True if Levis is there one has to take him, I would rather have Levis than Hooker.  JSN is the best route runner in the class and is being criminally underrated, recall he was better than Wilson and Olave two years ago on Ohio State and both of them had really good rookie seasons.

But sure if Levis is there one has to take him with the QB situation currently on the team, but would suck passing on a great WR though that they need now not in the future.  

I agree about passing on JSN being a difficult choice, but its rare you get a physically talented prospect like Levis to fall to that spot and I think its one the Vikings need to take that chance on... unless they flat out didnt like something about him during their evaluations. Heck if they took Hooker over Levis I'd just have to trust they saw something that they felt was an issue that wasnt correctable (or likely to be fixed).

My only concern with JSN is the fact he's been a slot heavy guy and Jefferson has been at his best with the ability to play both inside and outside, so with JSN that likely cuts down on the slot snaps for JJ. Though I think its still something worthwhile because I cant imagine trying to cover JJ, TJ and JSN... someone is gonna be open.

(EDIT: Throw out the JSN bit now lol, Seattle nullified that argument.)

Edited by Ares Caesar
  • Like 1