🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

36 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Does anybody else appreciate the fact that two years ago we spent 17 million on a DE then the following year we draft a DE Number seventh overall this year and we still can't rush the passer from that spot opposite Maxx Crosby. Can't make it up

Combine that with the list of bums we throw out there on the interior Dline and it's not shocking why we have no pash rush and a bottom 3 D.  

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Does anybody else appreciate the fact that two years ago we spent 17 million on a DE then the following year we draft a DE Number seventh overall this year and we still can't rush the passer from that spot opposite Maxx Crosby. Can't make it up

Yeh, that is a lot of resources sunk in to DE, however, it is just two games and Wilson was never really going to be a player who stepped straight in and produced being injured and a little raw. He needs 18 months and if he has a very quiet year this year (very likely) but reaches his potential in future he’ll be worth it. Though I don’t think his potential is ‘Reggie White’ as some have said, more like Carlos Dunlap.

7 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, that is a lot of resources sunk in to DE, however, it is just two games and Wilson was never really going to be a player who stepped straight in and produced being injured and a little raw. He needs 18 months and if he has a very quiet year this year (very likely) but reaches his potential in future he’ll be worth it. Though I don’t think his potential is ‘Reggie White’ as some have said, more like Carlos Dunlap.

Sometimes looks like the game is too fast for him which is weird cause he comes from a power conference school has baby giraffe looking awkward moments when changing directions quickly 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Sometimes looks like the game is too fast for him which is weird cause he comes from a power conference school has baby giraffe looking awkward moments when changing directions quickly 

Yeh, it’s like he’s waiting for confirmation of what he thinks will happen. I think it’s because he doesn’t trust his pass rush instincts as he’s too raw and has no counters yet. 

Maxx just bolts when the lights go green, sometimes he dives inside when he should hold the PoA but generally it serves Maxx well as he’s confident he can counter what the OT does. He bolts and then relies on instincts to counter or react to what’s happening.

It’s like Wilson just needs to relax and just go and sort it out when he gets into the tackle, he needs to learn a few moves and counters, if he can just shoot out but add a spin or a rip or something he could be devastating as the tackle is probably expecting him to bullrush 99% of the time.

• Like 1

Wilson looks lost and hesitant. Needs a counter to his bull rush, he’s just not someone that should be starting right now. Has the size/frame to be successful but has a ways to go. I’m sure he’ll improve with reps/conditioning. Right now he’s a big ball of clay. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh, it’s like he’s waiting for confirmation of what he thinks will happen. I think it’s because he doesn’t trust his pass rush instincts as he’s too raw and has no counters yet. 

Maxx just bolts when the lights go green, sometimes he dives inside when he should hold the PoA but generally it serves Maxx well as he’s confident he can counter what the OT does. He bolts and then relies on instincts to counter or react to what’s happening.

It’s like Wilson just needs to relax and just go and sort it out when he gets into the tackle, he needs to learn a few moves and counters, if he can just shoot out but add a spin or a rip or something he could be devastating as the tackle is probably expecting him to bullrush 99% of the time.

Dude has long arms but doesn’t use them I haven’t seen 1 rip or throw or straight arm, hand fight anything just bull rush. you can see the olinemen in the nfl are ready for it after that cowboy game they just anchor and match strength.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jerry said:

https://x.com/NFLRookieWatxh/status/1703613710932046033?s=20

I remember someone saying C. Gonzalez would have been their pick.  I don't know if he would look as good on our crappy defense, but the Patriots apparently got a star.

Yep, I drafted him in the me v Ziegler thread. Looked a very polished day one starter to me. Haven’t seen the Pats yet this year though….

9 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

The get off looking better after only 1 game is promising to see. He has a long way to go but improvement early is awesome.

Agreed. If he can continue to improve game by game, we have something here

He was definitely held here. I’d like to see Nesta start getting some run. Can’t be worse that what we have out there now

Edited by bucksavage1