🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

12 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Saw him chase a guy down going step for step with Diablo 

Other than that he looked the same as last game. he doesn’t look at the ball. if you watch him and maxx on the other side pre snap you can see the difference.

He hit the running back in the back field but couldn’t make the tackle. It was impressive looking at how fast he was.

13 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He hit the running back in the back field but couldn’t make the tackle. It was impressive looking at how fast he was.

He’s a coaches dream he can be so much better if he can learn some moves. That play I got excited then back to meh after the missed tackle 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yeh as we've both said, no counter, no plan B if his initial bull rush doesn’t work and no idea how to disengage and go balls to the wall.

He’s obviously very raw but I don’t think we all realised just how raw and how much his lack of TC and pre season time shows. He seems to have the right attitude though, so he will improve but it will be slow, 18 months is my reckoning before he makes a real impact. At this stage those projections of 6 to 8 rookie sacks are pie in the sky unfortunately. 

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yeh as we've both said, no counter, no plan B if his initial bull rush doesn’t work and no idea how to disengage and go balls to the wall.

He’s obviously very raw but I don’t think we all realised just how raw and how much his lack of TC and pre season time shows. He seems to have the right attitude though, so he will improve but it will be slow, 18 months is my reckoning before he makes a real impact. At this stage those projections of 6 to 8 rookie sacks are pie in the sky unfortunately. 

I wasn't a fan of him in the draft for this reason. Seemed like he needed a full year of coaching and full offseason to fill out his body for the NFL. Not to mention work on his pass rush plan. 

This Chandler Jones situation sucks because Wilson is getting the Arden Key treatment and being thrown to the wolves. 

They had the right idea. Develop him behind Chandler and let him be a situational player. Now the dude is trying to learn the pro game on the fly missing 80% of camp and not playing ball in nearly 1 year. 

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Not looking good as the jmdz first 1st round pick. I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before. The guy looks like he’s only been playing football for a handful of years. 

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Not looking good as the jmdz first 1st round pick. I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before. The guy looks like he’s only been playing football for a handful of years. 

It certainly looks like he has very little of a foundation. I was expecting him to  be able to use his length to set the edge and at least have a speed to power bull rush that, due to his physical profile, would see him win against weaker OTs and TEs. He just doesn’t seem to have any foundational moves to build from. Like he’s starting from scratch.

My main hope is that, apart from his slow get off, he was at times unblockable in college. And I know it was obviously against weaker opponents - but he blew up plays 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I wasn't a fan of him in the draft for this reason. Seemed like he needed a full year of coaching and full offseason to fill out his body for the NFL. Not to mention work on his pass rush plan. 

This Chandler Jones situation sucks because Wilson is getting the Arden Key treatment and being thrown to the wolves. 

They had the right idea. Develop him behind Chandler and let him be a situational player. Now the dude is trying to learn the pro game on the fly missing 80% of camp and not playing ball in nearly 1 year. 

You doubling down on be happy we spent a # 7 on defense all off-season. Defense needs help now not in 2-3 years

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yep, I’m in agreement, he was pencilled to sit behind Jones and learn. I’d probably still hold him back and start Koonce at this stage with Wilson rotating in. Koonce is not that terrible in run defence and he’ll provide some much needed pressure.

18 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Yep, I’m in agreement, he was pencilled to sit behind Jones and learn. I’d probably still hold him back and start Koonce at this stage with Wilson rotating in. Koonce is not that terrible in run defence and he’ll provide some much needed pressure.

You just don’t sit top 10 de’s tho lol. He just not ready. looking like leatherwood 2.0. Getting majority of de snaps and has what 1 tackles in 2 games. 

I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before and I’d like to say I’ve seen a lot. He doesn’t even require a double team

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

You just don’t sit top 10 de’s tho lol. He just not ready. looking like leatherwood 2.0. Getting majority of de snaps and has what 1 tackles in 2 games. 

I’ve honestly never seen anything like this before and I’d like to say I’ve seen a lot. He doesn’t even require a double team

Nahh bro not that bad lmaoo. Cmon. 

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Have you seen anything like this before from a dlineman esp a top 10 one?

buddy has shown nothing so far only positive is he will never get called offsides

I’m still willing to give it some time. I’ve actually never seen a player go AWOL like Chandler Jones right before the season