🔥 Pick #7 is in: Tyree Wilson, DL, Texas Tech

RaidersAreOne

38 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Weird... in your mock draft, you acknowledge Wilson at the #7 overall pick. The use his value at 7 to mock a trade that lands 12, 22 and 161. 

And now you're calling him a reach..... 

Maybe sit this one out. 

Unless you’re blind, he’s a physical freak he’ll always be in the top ten.

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

We covered this. They need defensive help for the long haul. Maxx will still be in his prime year 2 when Wilson is rounded into form. 

You think there was one player at 7 who was going to change the defense this season?

Plus the money you save by cutting Chandler Jones.

4 hours ago, FloydFan said:

A lot of revisionist history in this thread. Wilson was considered a slam dunk pick at 7 and received a wide range of excellent coverage and grades. Insane that people are saying he’s a bust two games into his career with no TC and coming off an injury. He very well may be one, but calling him one after two games is asinine at best. 

Plenty of people wanted zilch to do with him as the pick. 

Also, is it not equally as asinine to repeatedly declare he's going to he great? Why? Because certain fans want him to be?

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Weird... in your mock draft, you acknowledge Wilson at the #7 overall pick. The use his value at 7 to mock a trade that lands 12, 22 and 161. 

And now you're calling him a reach..... 

Maybe sit this one out. 

Knew a team would be risky enough to try it he’s a coaches dream on paper. You don’t really understand mocking…

39 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

No, but McDaniels did. And that's BP's papi. 

Can't criticize papi. 

I’m just asking to see a shred of fundamentals and people are saying no he was injured.

Usually when dline have lower body injuries you use your hands even more to help yourself out. 

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m just asking to see a shred of fundamentals and people are saying no he was injured.

Usually when dline have lower body injuries you use your hands even more to help yourself out. 

It’s nothing to do with being injured, maybe missing time in TC hasn’t helped his working on his technique subsequently but he’s never had any real technique or finesse. That was his big question mark to me coming out. Glacial slow get off and no counter moves or pass rush plan.

Now saying that, he is a physical specimen and he got away in college with just bull rushing people and using power and speed so that is what he was drafted on with the presumption he is a hard worker who’ll be able to learn technique and counters and improve his get-off.

Fundamentally, all the issues we’re seeing right now were clear as day in college so it’s nothing to do with after he got drafted, missing time etc. he’s always been a project and that’s what we’re seeing. He shouldn’t be starting, he should be getting his feet wet slowly IMO.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Oh I don't know. Why was Sam Darnold ranked as a can't-miss? 

Some people suck at evaluating talent? I'd have thought you'd understand that given your dad is so bad at it

Not really the point is it. Ncouhg is saying the Raiders reached. Based on projections, they 100% did not reach. Saying Wilson was a reach is an attempt to paint the FO poorly.

Could he be be a bust in the future, sure. 50% of 1st round picks are. But he wasn't not considered a reach.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What do you not understand? He had a foot injury and couldn't practice. How's he going to practice pass rush moves with his hands when he can't take live reps. 

You are stretching so hard to discredit this pick it embarassing. 

14 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

No, but McDaniels did. And that's BP's papi. 

Can't criticize papi. 

Here we go again.... Suggest giving a raw player coming off injury time to develop. "yOuR a McDaNiEls FaN bOy"

Get a new material. 

You go back and look, I wasn't a fan of Wilson. But I'm patient enough to give it a year. Calling a raw prospect who shouldn't be starting a bust is just a ridiculous take. 

You and Ncough out here acting like teams don't take raw prospects every year early in the draft which is just an attempt to further discredit the FO because you think some new FO is going to waive a magic wand and erase 2 decades of losing I guess. Who's really delusional here?

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 1

Apparently Wilson has the slowest average get off time by a fair amount per rush. This was a concern on tape at TTU as well that he mitigated with length and power. Wasn’t sure if it was scheme when I watched in college but once he got going he was a monster. They just have to work with him on get off. It can be improved. He will never be Micah Parsons fast off the line but that’s not his game. He needs some time to develop and grow in that area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

Apparently Wilson has the slowest average get off time by a fair amount per rush. This was a concern on tape at TTU as well that he mitigated with length and power. Wasn’t sure if it was scheme when I watched in college but once he got going he was a monster. They just have to work with him on get off. It can be improved. He will never be Micah Parsons fast off the line but that’s not his game. He needs some time to develop and grow in that area.

I would say, do you have to dumb it down for him where his only responsibility is to get in the backfield. No reads nothing, just move on the snap.

6 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

I would say, do you have to dumb it down for him where his only responsibility is to get in the backfield. No reads nothing, just move on the snap.

I don’t think so. I just know he’s not going to be an elite get off guy but he can still improve in that area. I don’t think it’s a mental thing he just isn’t that twitchy. He’s a big dude. He can set the edge and should move inside on some passing downs. You guys need a LBer that can rush. A moveable piece to feed off his ability to absorb blocks. Send pressure off his side. I’m not familiar enough with the roster to know if you have that guy. 

• Like 1